Need your help

DJJB

Producer from the Future
Hey guys,
I joined recently and have been reading a lot of threads on here but haven't posted much. I'm learning every day and really love music but I have an obstacle in my producing process that I need help with.

After listening to my collection of 30 tracks, i realized that about 2-5 are bangers or good all around complete beat productions. As for the rest of them, most are just crap. They often have one good sound or melody and the rest of the beat makes me want to break something. I realize that I'm being tough on myself and they arent crap, but they also aren't radio or artist worthy.

I use samples and all kinds of sounds, and most of my stuff is barely hip hop because the note structuring is wacky and i guess thats just what I come up with on the fly... I often hear a song and want to make a similar beat but I'll create one element similarly and the rest of the beat is no good

My main question is, how do you create a radio/artist worthy beat without getting off track? How can I use creative sounds and still make a hard hip hop beat or a radio banger?

2nd question. Do you create a note arrangement that sounds good and then just layer? I noticed that most commercial songs are just layers with slight note variations...

THANKS

oh and ps I want to post my beats online so people on here can give me feedback, but i don't want anyone to download or steal them. is there a site where I can put them up safely???

jb

Back