Need a good square synth sound..

phazerxl

Hey all, I'm looking to find a sample or vst that sounds similar to the mp3 clip I've attached. I would just use it, but it has got a harsh high end to it that I can't quite EQ out without making it sound dull. I've tried mimmicking this sound in different VST programs but I can't quite get it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Well, it sounds very much like a pure squarewave, but the waveform doesn't really look like it at all - in fact it looks like it might be mixed with a sine.

i recreated the mp3 and it was a square with saturation added to give the harsh sound, if eq doesnt work either cut down on the saturation or try pull back the filter cutoff a bit

See the thing is, the sound I'm trying to recreate is just a wav sample. It's not a synth preset, meaning I can't adjust filter cutoff/etc. So basically I have to start from scratch and try to recreate it with FL synthmaker or something.

See the thing is, the sound I'm trying to recreate is just a wav sample. It's not a synth preset, meaning I can't adjust filter cutoff/etc. So basically I have to start from scratch and try to recreate it with FL synthmaker or something.

Any decent sampler is more or less like a synth regarding its sound shaping abilities - of course, the source sound is a sample instead of being generate on the fly, but you should have your LFOs, filters and envelopes...

Ah, true that true that.. I'll give wasp a try and i'll also mess with the LFOs, filters, envelopes, etc. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Back