Music is

P

Prayer

not something to make alot of money with nor is it an art
Music is a form of comunication to let someone feel what you feel when you made the pease of music, it is a form of expression.

every artist is equal to another it is the feeling comming from person behind the music that makes him or her sucsesfull, its the way the person looks at life and things in general that makes you wanna hear that song over and over again just to feel what they feel.

if a person has alot of technical knowlege on making music it dosenot mean this person can produce a hit it means that this person can express his or her feeling better then other not so technicly developt.

i think every 1 has bad and good sides some have this tutch for music while others dont, or have less of it.

some people dont have it but ar technicly superior to others and i think those people should be working with artist that dose have that tutch to help them express there feelings.

and not should the credit go only to the artist but also to the people around them that help them.

wel this is my point of vieuw on music agre on it or dont if you dont tell me what you think.

I couldn`t have said it better!

:cheers:

AND: Welcome to FP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones, and that the oomny ones use like, inspiration and what Bog sends. Now it was lovely music that came into my aid.

momsbass said:
I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones, and that the oomny ones use like, inspiration and what Bog sends. Now it was lovely music that came into my aid.

lets all read that one more time....

anyway,
for me, personally, music is not communication. and it IS art. nothing more or less.... my music is not a communication of my internal to the outside world, or even to myself...

i hear where your comin from, but thats not how i approach my music....

peace.

momsbass said:

Is this an insider joke or something, because I don`t get it at all?!

Music IS something to make money with. Music started a lot with bards who carried on tradition and lived off performing. Music IS art, and ALSO communication. You cannot have one without the other.

No two artists are equal, otherwise there would be no communication, no uniqueness. That's why some bands are so great, because they are all unique artists but come together in a unified way.

As for technical knowledge, IMO that's more of a grey area. However, I don't feel technical knowledge is always related to how you can express emotion. Some rock bands pass on an extroardinary amount of passion through their music, but i doubt they could compose a symphony.

My 2 cents, take it for what you will.

what you say is how music is used to be.
but you say

: it is the feeling comming from person behind the music that makes him or her
sucessful

x-cuse me but thats absolutely bullshee.

think about all the fake musicians and bands that were "made".
the record companies know what caracters
to put on the market.
they even got the power to create a market via media if nesessary.
nowadays musicians that are really successful and do music by and with heart are very very< very rare.
it seems to be like wather and oil.

i feel what you say.
and to speak in your words:

music is a form of communication.
well then most musicians lie to us.
but we are so manipulatet by society
from the day we were born, that we cant see that anymore.

we live in dark times.

soon over after the big bang?

is how music is used to be.

manipulatet

English is the language you are looking for.

soon over after the big bang?

a. I don't know what you're saying.

b. It doesn't make any sense.

A lot of things you say are very true of pop/popular rap. Maybe if you listened to other things you would discover that there ARE artists out there. To describe something as grandiose as music in terms of pop culture is plain dumb.

One thing that needs to be looked at in all of this is that there are two distinct sides to the music industry. you have the rich major labels ran mostly by high execs that dont know key from key, and those "indy" labels. Unfortunately to find the most artistic ability in any music look to the unkown. For every big label there is atleast 10 unheard of labels, probably more. its all a matter of who looks for raw talent and who pays to create it.
Music is both a form of art, as well as a business. seperated by love, passion, and dreams from greed. Music has been my way of life for 14 yrs and a dream for longer. One thing i have learned from the outside (obviously) is that fame money and MTV does not make you successful in this industry. It just makes you more known.

Jayce said:
fame money and MTV does not make you successful in this industry. [/B]

ask the average listener "how can you tell that a musician is sucessful?"

he will answer" well, he´s rich he´s
famous and he´s on mtv all the time"

when you ask me what makes you a sucessful musician?

"people love my music, i love my music,
i have a great time composing and performing and i earn enough mony doing
it, to survive"

that would be all the sucess i need

Music can be whatever you want it to be point blank. Music can be a form of communication. You can express a feeling and have someone understand it from music you play. Music is without a doubt art. Music can be a way to make money or it can be something you do for enjoyment. I'll tell you what music is to me. Therapy and a gateway to bigger things. Prayer my opinion on your statement about technicality and artistic ability is this. I believe that since the dawn of the home studio people are basically trying to fill too many roles. I know I do this and I'm trying to get away from it. I fill the role of musician, producer, engineer and sound designer. Not to mention manager (until recently), promotions department and legal team (negotiated my first contract and did it well). I JUST WANT TO PRODUCE. The reason I've done this is one because I've always felt like I could only depend on myself and two in the past lack of funds. I think this can really bog down your creativity so I'm gradually handing these roles over to others. I handed over the manager and legal team role and working on finding myself a good engineer. Anyways this is a production forum and a music producer will always have a semi technical role. As for the money issues in the music industry. Ok we all know very well that alot of talented artists aren't being compensated monetarily and that people with very little artistic nor technical ability are being showered with money. Hard truth. Something I would like to see change so I'm doing what I can to change it. Success shouldn't be measured by money but unfortunately in alot of cases it is. Example. I consider myself pretty successul. These are what I consider to be my biggest accomplishments. I've had 8 of my songs aired on corporate radio. At the time the radio station was rated #1 in Detroit. I eventually landed an hour mix show timeslot at this radio station and I've had 3 songs used in commercials. I made little to no money with those accomplishments but they were the start to my career. Family and friends were impressed but showed not even a fraction of the excitement compared to when I sold my first song or when I signed my first contract. All in all you be the judge of what you want music to be to you. You be the judge of what you consider success and you be the judge of what makes you happy. Happiness is true success think of it that way.

Back