Mp3 mixer split tracks

Ddream

Hi, everyone!

I'm questioning myself for a while, and my researches didn't help me, so I'm asking here:

Do mp3 files save split mixer tracks? I mean, like, one for the drums, one for the bass, one for vocals, etc inside the same archive?

If it does, is it possible to extract this individual tracks into new ones?

Thanks for the help!

Mp3s in general are just stereo or mono files, so no separate tracks unless you export each one as a separate mp3 (and I don't know why you'd want to do that). In any case, I wouldn't be touching mp3s while still in the production phase - keep everything as .wav/.aiff until the finished product - mp3s are always lossy.

Mp3s in general are just stereo or mono files, so no separate tracks unless you export each one as a separate mp3 (and I don't know why you'd want to do that). In any case, I wouldn't be touching mp3s while still in the production phase - keep everything as .wav/.aiff until the finished product - mp3s are always lossy.

Hey krushing! Thanks for the answer! I do know mp3 are lossy as hell, and yes, I don't use them in the production phase. I was asking this to be sure that I can't extract vocals from a song without having to resort to audacity or any other program/plugin to do it. I have one song in my mind that would be perfect for my next project, but the acapella version I found just messes up with the vocals (or it was just badly done).

Oh yeah, in that case pretty much no audio format will "retain" the multitracks like that. If you could extract any sound from any audio file like that, remixing (and stealing & abusing other people's stuff) would be a bit too easy...

Oh yeah, in that case pretty much no audio format will "retain" the multitracks like that. If you could extract any sound from any audio file like that, remixing (and stealing & abusing other people's stuff) would be a bit too easy...
Very true, plus the technology required to recognize individual track assignments based solely on frequency indication hasn't been perfected as of yet.

Back