Mobb Deep Piano

im sure thats a sample...it'd be easier to find a similar sample...thats just how i see it though, you can do a lot with a few sampeld piano notes.

Last edited:
sampling is one way, but i know dj premier, had a classic keys module that he would use for piano sounds, then it's a case of sampling the part and making it sound less digital, you could do this with any sort of bit crusher or lo-fi plug in with the gear you've got.

good points

but that particular sound had some other sounds with it, a deep cello kinda sound..and the vibration from other other intruments, which is hard to recreate...

well i know that alchemist has made alot of those kind of beets for them where they got that kind of piano. he sampled them. actually im not sure alot but a couple.

what i would do since i have a fantom x is i would go to my sequencer and choose ultimate piano. then i would go to my effects and choose lo fi radio. from there i would go hit sample and resample then play octave of low Cs...normalize and save the wave.

Sample, yes...

1. Don't...Create your own sound

2. Just layer about four or five of the same patters. Tweak it, filter it, hard limit it, etc. You'll know what you are looking for once done. Keep at it until you get it. If you don't, come back the next day until you do.

It's an upright(AKA House)piano and you can hear the string release. Common all over. Nothing special about the sample, no detectable effects or anything. Don't expect to get some pristine grand piano sound and use some effects(I swear to god on every "How do I do this" thread there is some jackass who says something like 'sounds like a piano with some chorus and delay, maybe a lil compression.') and turn it into an upright piano, it's not going to happen.

Best bet is that many keyboards, modules and sampling plugins have decent sampled upright's. Get access to one or record a real one. If that isn't an option then I don't know what to tell you, to get the sound you have to get the instrument.

Back