MIDI PATCHES.

D

DYEONE

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this site, so i thought i'd post up a message to see of anybody can help me out and basically introduce myself.

I presently use the following;

Yamaha A4000 Sampler
Yamaha RM1x
Cubase
Rebirth
+ various other odd soft synths (depending on how i feel)

I was wondering if anybody knew of any sources of decent midi patches for basslines, which can be used in Drum and bass music.

Get back to me anybody who can help.

Thanks

DYEONE.

Hi Dyeone, welcome to onlineDJ!
You mean MIDI sequences / patterns?

You have some nice equipment there, to compose your own basslines quite easily in Cubase, controlling either the RM1X or the A4000

What I suggest to you is to buy a few CDs or vinyls of drum n bass (or whatever style you feel to compose), and listen to them for hours, analyzing how the architecture of the music is, what kind of sounds they use, how the rhythm is built.

Then, turn on your machines, prepare a few good sounds, and start composing in Cubase.. It is not that hard really if you are inspired.

I know i didnt give you "good addresses to get midi patterns" but I hope this helps you anyway. If you have any question regarding your equipment or cubase, you know where to post ;)

Take care and have fun
see you around, thanks for beeing a part of it

EZ ManoOne,

Thanks for the reply.
I've had relatively good success using the sampler to create decent basses also with the RM1x and Cubase but i'm really trying to find a quick route to build up a library of loops, soundz and patches.

I've not had my equipment that long, i went mad a few months back and bought everything at the same time, so as you can imagine i'm on a very steep learning curve at present..... a good one though !!!

As for studying D'n'B records, i've been a D'n'B dj for the past 8 years and have developed a good knowledge of what works and what doesn't already so i can usually get ideas down quite quickly anyway.

I'll defintitely become a regular to this site ( i love stuff like this, really helpful !)
Seems there's no atttiude either, which is a good thing, unlike some other sites i could mention, ha ha !!!

Anyway, anybody else reading this who knows where, or who already has any decent midi bass phrases,patches, loops (call 'em what you will), please get in touch.

Thanks again

-{DYEONE}-

DYEONE said:
I'll defintitely become a regular to this site ( i love stuff like this, really helpful !)
Seems there's no atttiude either, which is a good thing, unlike some other sites i could mention, ha ha !!!

Oh man.... This is one of the best post I've red about onlineDJ.com.. THank you so much for the kind words man. Yes, I think there is quite a good ambiance around. It is still intimistic, yet not elitist, and people are fun, full of knowledge, helpful.. That's a lot of words I know!

Anyway, thanks for being part of it,
See you around soon

Take care

Back