Melodies over chords.

The theoretical definition of chord progressions needs updating. I don't see the point in having a definition that could mean several different things. If people want to converse in this way and talk about theoretical things then that's fine, but it is certainly not something I would recommend to other people if they want to learn about chords.

People are free to learn in whatever way does them best. Too much theoretical stuff can be bad. Some theoretical stuff needs thought about too to see if it is any good. What works for someone may not work for another.

There's no either/or here, people can learn how they want but some basic things are usually always good. I'm talking about composing here off course.

It's okay to question things...

EP

The theoretical definition of chord progressions needs updating. I don't see the point in having a definition that could mean several different things. If people want to converse in this way and talk about theoretical things then that's fine, but it is certainly not something I would recommend to other people if they want to learn about chords.

People are free to learn in whatever way does them best. Too much theoretical stuff can be bad. Some theoretical stuff needs thought about too to see if it is any good. What works for someone may not work for another.

There's no either/or here, people can learn how they want but some basic things are usually always good. I'm talking about composing here off course.

It's okay to question things...

EP

What definitions can mean different things?

I don't understand what you mean by updating and why anything needs updating, you'll have to give an example.

At what point would a person know "too much" theory?

You're really starting to come across as some guy who's bitter cause he could never understand theory.

Last edited:
What definitions can mean different things?

I don't understand what you mean by updating and why anything needs updating, you'll have to give an example.

At what point would a person know "too much" theory?

You're really starting to come across as some guy who's bitter cause he could never understand theory.

she come here and "rants" all the time!!!

at one point she claimed to be working on 200 songs at one time...

i'd asked her to post a song and i am still waiting...

the proof is always in the pudding...

until she give an example of what she is talking about it is only talk...

merry x-mas to everyone...

Last edited:
thank you for clearing that up....

images

Actually wasn't meant to be sarcastic; more of an AH moment, i.e. don't feed this particular troll (aka emmapeel)

Back