Makinkg my studio

M

MjDj

Hi guys!!!

I've a bedroom, cement sides, 17 x 10 x 9 feet.

I already have two Adam A5 monitors, a MacBook Pro, one LG monitor (17) and an Apogee Duet USB.

Anybody here who could suggest me the cheapest and most effective things to do to improve this room into a modest studio. I mean: reducing reverb, working on the right side of the room and...that's it?

Thanks!!

1) setup so that you are six feet into the length wise dimension of your room (that is where you need to sit)
2) speakers angled at 60[sup]o[/sup] to your ears and all three lengths (speaker-speaker and both speaker-ears) form an equilateral triangle
3) first reflections treatment at the points where the speakers directly aim at the walls behind you
4) bass trap designs to handle the following initial modes of resonance

DimensionsHeightWidthLengthSpeed of Sound
Volume1530cubic feet
Axial Modes
DimensionHWL
Frequency62.7856.5033.24
Tangential Modes
DimensionHWHLWL
Frequency84.4671.0365.55
Oblique Modes
DimensionHWL
Frequency90.76

Note that your room will also have several more bump frequencies (integer multiples of these ones) related to these.

There are also cross resonances where we move through the various permutations of the tangential and oblique modes; however, they do not have as a large an impact as the main modes identified above.

see this for more https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/content/55-sound-proofing-versus-sound-treatment.html

Back