Making a good beat

D

DJ Clitt

I wanna make a cool song but i cant find a program that would make me a synthesizer sound

for example ATB they always have like a Hawian guitar for the main part of the song I AM REALLY LOOKING BUT I CANT FIND IT

also i was wondering if anyone knows about a program that changes the bassline like i mean choards.

If you want a hawaian guitar without using samples, boy are going to pay some bucks or you'll have to have alot of patience.
When you say "Changing the bassline", what do you mean exactely? Remixing.. composing?
Pleace specify and well se what we can do.

what i mea by the bass line thing is that

when you have a beat , in the background there are chords
lets say the song children by robert miles in the backgroung its not just one beat over and over. the bass is changing notes.

Ahh I think I know what you mean by now.
Well, that all depends on the program you are going to use.
But generally we all use programs that uses "tracks". The drumsets actually often use 6-8 tracks or more and the bass is also a track for itself. It all depends on the program.

The music toys like E-Jay use audiosamples and give you less to work with in that direction.

Programs like ReBirth, Dream Station, Cakewalk, CuBase and Buzz. All uses a different track for each unique sound/instrument.

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 10-05-2000 at 01:35 PM]

Then you have to write your own tracks, with all the little notes, in a sequencer like CUbase VST5, and control a sampler or a synthesizer which will generate the sounds.

The sequencer will send the note controls (on/off and more) via MIDI to the synthesizer
There are some cheap software synthesizer, but you should buy a hardware one.
If you have any other question, do not hesitate.
Trance, hiphop, etc.. are not different from other types of music: you need to write the notes.

Good luck!

just to let you know...hawaiian guitar is probably not going to be on any synth because the strings are tuned differently. Its called slack-key.

DJ Clitt said:
I wanna make a cool song but i cant find a program that would make me a synthesizer sound

for example ATB they always have like a Hawian guitar for the main part of the song I AM REALLY LOOKING BUT I CANT FIND IT

also i was wondering if anyone knows about a program that changes the bassline like i mean choards.

They are many hardware and software synthesizers available to make your synthesizer sound. Check out www.vintagesynth.com

If you want an hawaian guitar sample, find someone that plays one and get him/her to play it for u, then record it.

What do you mean by change bassline. I dont understand what you are refering to.

Back