make this sound

eross21

I want to make a sound that sound of disintegration. the best way I can describe it is to visualize a sound( let's say a simple saw synth chord) , being thrown at a chain link fence. as the sound hits the fence, it is sliced into hundreds of little chunks. now that we have multiple chunks of the saw sound, I can grab each chunk, and at pitch changes, and bitcrusher, or any kind of effect to each chunk.
How can I do this?

you might want to look at something like CSound or max or pd or reaktor to do that in:

Each of these allow you to program exactly that sequence and send each stream to its own processing chain as you progress

Some granulators can do similar effects, but not exactly how you want them. Have a search for a good granular synth.

If you only want to do it once, you could just do it by hand... which is very laborious but feasible for short durations.

D blue glitch is very good for mangling: it doesn't do exactly what you said, but it does do a few very cool mangling things.

Last edited:
csound, max and pd are all programming environment for synthesis and fx

with csound being the oldest and pd being a public domain version of max but it is actually called pure data

How to do it by hand?
Render the sound, then chop it into little bits and apply different amounts of effects to each bit. :D

yeah, I guess that would work. I wonder if there is so way I could my sound to through a multiband eq, and send each band to a return channel, each with different effects in them? hmm

Back