Low end club Basic

RACINGHART03

Aside from all the obvious things like percussion and pads and stuff...What components does a basic club track have? I know this sounds silly but is there like a basic all around formula. See I ask this because now that I create my own tracks I really listen and pick apart club tracks as I listen to them. It sounds to me, and this is why I ask, I hear a kick, Sometimes a layer of kicks, but I feel like I hear a sub bass note under each kick. Sometimes like an alternating kick between two different notes. Then usually there is a mid bass riff. And a melody. They all compliment each other but is that what I am really hearing. Or is it done with eq-ing? Or am I listening to close and making stuff up. So the question is..how many bass parts are usually in a club track. Does this make any sense? Thanks for your help!

You have the equipment to make any sort of electronic music if you have a sampler and some sort of sequencer; or an all in one program like fruity loops, motif, etc. It's the user not the gear. Whether it's hip hop, downtempo, dnb, whatever. Just listen to the music thats popular. Analyze like you already have and you will figure out what works and what doesnt. Write it down. Make your music and compare it. Analyze it again. If you ***k with the eqs, compressions, pitch shifting, and everything else that goes on with todays tracks, you will start to see what it takes to make those beats that you love. It just takes time and experimenting...

Back