looking for specific sound...

toturez

Got Beats!
hi,

ive been looking out for a sound thats very popular in modern R&B.

it sounds like an e-piano with a pitch bend or something...
you can hear it for example on the hook of pleasure p`s "under" and in a lot of b.cox productions.

i checked all my vsts a couple of times for that sound, i also tried to just modulate an e-piano with all sort of effects, cant get it to work!:banghead:

thanks in advance!

@ shawndmusic:

thx for your response, i dont think its an vocal effect, gotta be a kind of e-piano!

@Jonny_silva:

take a listen to pleasure p`s - under. on the hook there is the sound.
you can find it on youtube... thx for your response!

I cant really pick it out on youtube the quality isnt so good. I mean I can hear the piano, but cant make out any modulation or pitch bend Do you mean at the start of the bar when it goes 'bwweee ba ba ba ba' like it goes up high then drops down?

Maybe im listening to the wrong thing but its just the guy playing it like that. Hes played 3 keys in quick sucession at the start to take it high. Theres probably a technical term for it but I dont know it. Kind of like a very quick snare roll but with piano.

yeah i know the quality is a mess... but there are only a few links...
the sound that im looking for is exclusivly at the hook!

i can give you another example joe - "i wont let him hurt you" the sound comes in @ 0:33 and goes nearly through the whole song!

Thats like the classic RnB sound, just layered sine wave with portamento on. Search for something in your vsts called RnB organ or something.

Back