Learning Piano with Improvisation

D

D-Funkdafied

I am not the type that would sit in a music theory class talking all notes and following scores.
I want to be good at the keyboard though, I have been in it for a couple of years and my skills have improved but they are not hot!
I want to make sick melodies, is Improvisation and just playing-playing-playing a good way to get better?

without purpose and direction such a process will become cyclic and redundant.

You need to engage in a program of directed learning - this does not mean music theory classes, but it does mean keyboard lessons geared towards your needs. Plenty of good piano teachers around Cardiff, so I will leave it to you to find one that gels with your needs and aspirations

Many a composer and producer will never feel satisfied and content with their level because they always strive for greatness or their perception of it even if everyone else around them thinks they are all that.
You just might be where you should be, but practice makes perfect. Improvise, go out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself.

Improvise, go out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself.

This. And practice practice practice. Then practice some more. Many people underestimate vastly how many hours they have to put in to get 'hot' at something.

You have to challenge yourself learn something about different genras and then your will finally find what beat you need to develop new melodies and sick tunes..

Back