Keep Their headz ringin'

T

Titus1986

Wassup,
I'm sure you all know this song made by Dre. I just wonder, do somebody know with what synth could I get that electronic "whah whah" sound ( you know what i mean) that goes through the song?
Thanks!!!

That sound comes from a synth. A virtual analog synth an analog synth or just about any subtractive synth should be able to do the same.

Try a bit od decay, no attack, good amount of sustain, and maybe a tiny bit of release on the amp envelope.

For getting that "wah" sound that you want, you'll need to mess with the filter envelope. The decay and attack settings are what you should focus on. A good amount of cutoof will be needed. The filter envelope will tell the filter when to come in.

Almost forget, mess around with a triangle or saw waveform on the oscilliators. A triangle should be about right but you might want to add a little more with a saw waveform also.

I don't remember the song or synth too well but that should be a starting pooint.

Thanks a lot man, I'll try that. But maybe it's a patch in some synths like that?

I don't know if any synth has that sound as a preset. I'd doubt it though you might find something close.

I remember the old subtractor having one

I remember messing with that one for a couple hours

Back