just bought the m-audio audiophile 2496 pci

just curious does anyone else own this and how do you like it as far as quality...i just ordered it waiting for it to come in the mail..but from what i read around here its not the best but it does the job for the price...(under 100 bucks 24 bit)

ive got it...its good...does the job...but then again wat would i kno, this is da 1st and only soundcard ive ever had.

its actually a really solid card...and the best part of it, is that in an audio editor, you can record audio playing on the soundcard by setting your audio editor to record from the monitor mixer. INTERNAL RESAMPLING!

-Lodger

audiophile 2496

I have two of these cards - one of them the MIDI OUT would stop working sometimes maybe because of something bent on the inside of the cable (not the midi cable but the squid looking cable), yes i've tried different midi cables.. I'm running it on OSX 10.3.9 and i've had some with the latest one that i've bought, every once in a while if i'm running multiple applications on the card i get very prominent distortion over the entire mix, but after I refresh the buffer stream (say from 512 to 1024, then back again) everything is okay. I really dont use the card that much unless its for itunes playback or just to listen to a track inside cubase.. Other than that they are a great buy for the audio/midi lab.

Back