i need help makin Rap Beats

M

Method38

i dont have $$ for equiptment so i have FRUITY LOOPS ... SOund Forge .... and CUbase ... where can i get free samples ? or wut songs are good to get samples from i need help makin my beats
...need advice any will do .. thank u

Hey Method38!

Try doing a search in the Newbie Producers forum on "free samples"; the question comes up regularly and there's an enormous compiled list that people reply with. That should keep you busy for a while.

Also check out the Resources section here, they have a smaller list but it includes a lot of the better quality sites.

As for what's good to sample from: that part is entirely up to you :)

Thanks imma chek out those site right now ..... whut kind of music do u do ?

Crappy music, so far :)

I try out different things all the time but as I mostly listen to breaks & hip hop, those are definately the strongest influences at the moment.

You said you dont have money for hardware .... and because of that you use fruity loops, cubase and soundforge... ehm ? these programs do cost money too !!

do you get them legal ?

Ilgit said:

do you get them legal ?

of course not. but i don't see why that makes a difference its not like he's asking where to get them. he's asking for help using his stolen stuff... is that a crime :/

Ilgit - most ppl have used some sort of warez. i dont think its a bad thing.. thnx (or no thanx) to napster/*****/winmx etc loadsa ppl can see if certain software suits them.. i mean i started out wit warez but now im slowly buyin bak the stuf cos im gonna b usin it properly

if every1 did this it wud b cool
but not every1 wil :(

supa-d said:
Ilgit - most ppl have used some sort of warez. i dont think its a bad thing.. thnx (or no thanx) to napster/*****/winmx etc loadsa ppl can see if certain software suits them.. i mean i started out wit warez but now im slowly buyin bak the stuf cos im gonna b usin it properly

if every1 did this it wud b cool
but not every1 wil :(

Thats true.

The state would have more money because more people would be paying their taxes on software instead of getting them for free. The government treats you with so many things, I don't think it's right to give them the middle finger by downloading warez.

To answer the question,

What version of Fruity Loops do you have?

The latest version of Fruity Loops has more then enough Hip-Hop samples. It now contains it's own "Hip-Hop" sound pack. Having hinted that you got it for free, i'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem for you to get your hands on the new version.

Also, for some reason, I found most of the synths I got to be mainly used for techno/dance/trance. And believe me I have alot of synths. So I don't think software synths might help that much in making hip hop beats - but you can be my guest to try.

Last edited:
a simple hip hop sound pack is not enough if you want to make some nice stuff. If your just getting started I would recomend ripping samples off cds. Then import the sample into fruity loops and it will slice the sample for you, you probably already know this but if not i hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yeah the government is your friend guys you shouldnt download illegal software. ROFL the government are good people!!! LOL

digiface said:
lol yeah the government is your friend guys you shouldnt download illegal software. ROFL the government are good people!!! LOL

No really.. they are.. they really are.. they gouge you for the money you make per year.. they sh** you out of Fed tax that you should get more of.. they reject social security, give you hell if you miss one thing on your taxes but don't give you back something if they f**ked up.. they are good people! ha ha... wait.. they DO give out government cheese though.. don't they? ha ha.

You can find lots of ways to make beatz Method.. just find some good samplez or use some songz, plug in some VSTi's, or if you have the Soundfont Player on your FL, you can use that too.. lotz of soundfontz available as well, depending on your flava. I know your pain though on finding good soundz.. I've gotten irritated with finding good sounds too, so I've started to make my own soundfont packages too, and have sold some already, so it's working out in its own. They're at www.genycis.com if you're interested. My sig below has the beatz I make with my own soundz, and also some sample beatz using the soundfonts I'm selling. I've found that most soundfonts you buy from the net, ebay, etc are the same jointz in and out, only renamed, so I decided to create my own and sell some soundfonts that are actually DIFFERENT than most out there. Bought the collection from Samplearena.com and I was actually disappointed at the lackluster quality of them too. Just some thoughtz though.. but do NOT use the pre included sounds from FL.. trust me, as many haters of FL that there are out there, they'll jump you with FL bashing. ha ha. Holla though or PM if you're interested at all. One.

Genycis
(tha NYC is in tha name... I think?)

you set yourself up for a Tyree D.-diss. you have the slighest idea of beat making. matter of fact, you don't even have that. down with people that download Fruity and call themselves producers. you sicken us older cats here

Ilgit said:
You said you dont have money for hardware .... and because of that you use fruity loops, cubase and soundforge... ehm ? these programs do cost money too !!

do you get them legal ?

You're such a stereotype of a 16 year old male.
does this have anything do with the guys question. I also notice how you flame people who want to how a particular producer made a particular sound. specifically the neptunes!

Bro. It's time to change clothes and go!

:)

Amen Trizzy.

Without illegal downloads I could have never gotten into this game, and cant imagine my life without it. Most people who download illegal software are not causing the company to lose money because they are people who couldnt pay for it. I downloaded FL 2.something a couple years ago, and if I hadnt gotten it for free, I wouldve never bought it anyway. If you can afford it buy it, thats what I say.

Everyone knows that it sucks to bite someones music, but usually if someone is asking how someone makes a sound its because they want to learn by imitation. If you know how one thing is done, you can learn and then create your own version. Isnt that sort of what sampling is?

Tyree D. said:
you set yourself up for a Tyree D.-diss. you have the slighest idea of beat making. matter of fact, you don't even have that. down with people that download Fruity and call themselves producers. you sicken us older cats here

Who was this referred to? I assume it was towards me, but not sure. If it was, I definitely ain't call myself a producer.. and I'm also 27 yrs old if you think I'm a young 15 year old. Alot of peepz think I have a good concept of making beatz too, and not just school kids, but actual peepz in indie labels, management companies, and sh** like that, so I must be doing a lil sumthing decent. I'm actually working with someone to get something out there though, so I gotta weigh my options with everything. It's all good though.. just wondering who it was referred to. It's all good either way... there's too many FL vs hardware arguments in the posts already, so I ain't starting up another one. Hate or not, it don't matter to me. Just tryin' to help tha guy out and do my thing.. too petty to deal with hatin' on peepz.. there's enuff of that sh** on these threadz. One.

Genycis

Method38 said:
i dont have $$ for equiptment so i have FRUITY LOOPS ... SOund Forge .... and CUbase ... where can i get free samples ? or wut songs are good to get samples from i need help makin my beats
...need advice any will do .. thank u

I know FLP is cheap, but if you have no money how where u able to get cubase and sound forge? Those programs are expensive. So apparently, you have some money. Maybe you should use some of them on sounds. Right?

Back