I need help with Battery 3

krazyk

Money Over All
I use Logic 9 to make my beats. I also have Kore 2,Absynth,Massive,Kontakt, Battery and Reaktor(Komplete 7). I usually use a step sequencer for my drum parts but I know I cant through Battery. Is there a way to make a loop in Battery? I remember it playing a loop but cant remember how I did it.

don't you think you should have waited to find out if battery had a step sequencer before you bought it lol. anyway you can't step sequence with it and youll have to program the sounds by hand

You can loop, but you can't sequence. Theres a loop tab on the lower side of the interface. I've never used it so I can't elaborate more than that. The Komplete manual is pretty skimpish on the Battery so I would search looping in Battery 3 on youtube.

Nope, gotta get your fingers timed up homie! Hope you dont have any delays! Battery is tight though.. there's so much you can do with it.. I've only explored prob 20% of that software.

You can't program your beats inside of battery. Need to create a midi trigger track for each sample inside of battery (they are assigned a unique midi note number as a trigger). Back to good ol' days of keyboard based sequencing of drum parts or use the drum grid editor. For some people this has been their work-flow since they stopped using a TR707.

here read everything u need to know in the manual, thats the way I usually do things. The pro way to go about it...
native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/Battery_3_Manual_English.pdf

these post seem to be heavy on opinons and light on actual answers....

^ see im doing it too lol!"

anyway, even though can't step sequence in battery alone. you could just open it as a plug in (inside of logic) draw a region and step sequence in there with battery or any vst for that matter). hope this helps.

Back