Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are self taught

How many of you are self taught

Sign in to disable this ad
    In whatever instrument you play?

I'm currently trying to teach myself keyboard and guitar, (I've had previous keyboard education in my early school days but I've pretty much forgotten the intricate details and been left with subpar knowleadge).

Peace to all.
    yep, you know it growing up too fast

T.One is offline Registered User
    self taught on everything, keys, production, mixing, scratching, sampling. etc. I just started ****ing with forums this month

illest_shorty is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease_The_Drums
    In whatever instrument you play?

I'm currently trying to teach myself keyboard and guitar, (I've had previous keyboard education in my early school days but I've pretty much forgotten the intricate details and been left with subpar knowleadge).

Peace to all.
    same here,i was taught in my early years,but after awhile i lost all the info i soaked in when i was younger,now im trying to get it back,and it seems harder the second time around...

I was self taught on everything, production, engineering, and mastering. Then breezed thru a few courses for certificates.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

ronniebonnie1988 is offline Registered User
    sekf taught too..in every aspect...u still laern some new everyday...........sometimes is good to go and learn this a isntructor...

Cache90 is offline Registered User
    Self taught myself on guitar, started about 5 years ago. Learned by ear, only book I bought was when I first started.. didn't need any since. Learned scales etc all by myself.. Well maybe a little help from older folks.. but mostly by ear...

BucHum is offline www.downstairzet.com
    The only thing that wasnt self taught in making music was playing the guitar. My parents made me take lessons when I was 12. Then i quit after a year. Started a band, then our band fell apart. Then after that I really never touch the guitar. Maybe once in a while I did. Now I'm old, so decided to learn how to play the keyboard. Using most of what I've learn from scales and chords from guitar playing helps with learning with the keyboard

PlanetHitzProduction is offline Insane FP Patriot
    self taught piano 7 years.
    self taught drums 6 years.

streetfighterdub is offline Registered User
    drums self taught 14 yrs playing, engineering and producing semi-self taught

MakeTunes is offline Registered User
    I've been big on teaching myself new skills, whenever I see something that I think I will find useful, I give it a go. Especially true over the last few years, perhaps approaching things with a more mature attitude has really helped me in getting closer to both my musical and career goals (both of which are built on self taught skills).

Some people find it extremely difficult to motivate themselves to learn something, and would rather sit and watch TV or take part in some other passive entertainment, but personally that sort of thing makes my brain cringe, and I'd much rather take another step towards where I want to be (even if it IS only a baby step!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information