How to make that NEW Hit-boy sound type beat???

Dennis1990

Its very complex and not easily remade.

Very skilled on a producer side of things.

So much pitch changes, the down beats are heard to keep track of, a lot orchestral types sounds, and hes able to take away the main melody and have to beat continue with all the low end and brand new instruments added

THE END of the beat always sounding like it can be a whole new beat

Wat are some tips to practice on for creating these type of beats???

Last edited:
This new typa sound from Hit-Boy beats seem to make a conscious effort to take that signature "cheesy-ness" out of his beats. His beats are trap inspired, but his drum samples are different than most of his peers, instead of sub-heavy 808 focus beats with tight hits and this hi-hats, Hit-Boy's samples are noticeably "larger" like a mixture between trap and arena rock. I would search for the most professional, "epic" hard hitting drums you can and sprinkle them in with your typical trap/808 samples. That first beat sounds like it could be playing in a big budget action film in the beginning. It then seems that he chops up his loop to make it sound like it was sampled from a different song. To be honest I think all of the "crazy" stuff he does is just him playing around with the Effectrix VST. Its really easy to make that "chopped" sound and add filter effects.

He's used it before too; If you listen to this part from Trophies at 2:32 :

He's going crazy on it; its a really popular plug-in among rap producers these days.

So from what I can gather, to get that signature sound, my recommendations would be to

1. Find some really nice hard hitting drums and layer them with typical trap/808 sounds (Like putting a nice crispy snare over a big epic snare with more low end and longer release.) And make sure you mix them to hit HARD
2. Give your loops a more chopped/ sampled feel. The horn in Trophies, for instance, isn't a sample from any particular song, its just an epic loop cut off in certain spots to make it seem that way.
3. Try the Effectrix plug-in for the complicated stuff and beat change ups

Hope this helped, I was sort of figuring it out as I went along.

Last edited:
Back