How to make this lead sound?

Alska

Alska
In this video here:

At the part 00:34 there is a bass like lead in the song. How would I make that sound in Ableton live? And what kind of sound is it? Please help >< I really want to finish up some of my songs but I just can't get my hand around arrpegios and that bass like lead that starts at 00:34 in the song. Please :c thanks!

Also, if anyone has any tips regarding making J-pop/Electro music feel free to let me know. Lately I've been wondering what VST's and such to use for ableton to help me go in this direction ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a simple saw-wave bass that is having its filter modulated in a pulsed fashion, mostly playing in octaves - some of the bass notes are like A-A-A-G-G-A-A (example notes not actual notes), i.e. playing the root then playing the 7th a tone below then returning to the root

as for the run figures in this they are downward scale runs not arpeggios

it's a simple saw-wave bass that is having its filter modulated in a pulsed fashion, mostly playing in octaves - some of the bass notes are like A-A-A-G-G-A-A (example notes not actual notes), i.e. playing the root then playing the 7th a tone below then returning to the root

as for the run figures in this they are downward scale runs not arpeggios

Thanks you :3 but I wasnt saying that the it had arpeggios in it, I was saying that I'm having trouble getting arpeggios like the beginning of this song:

because I REALLY want to have arpeggios like that in my songs but I can't seem to get it down. I"ve been told Livetune is using pitch bend, but I dont know how to apply it to where it gives that kind of effect on the notes. By any chance you know how? Or know where I can learn? I'd appreciate any help :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Back