How to make this kind of music

SpacedOutBeats

Hey, i have been making hip hop beats for a couple months now, but im finally realizing i want to be making something more. Instead of making music that i can just bump for people in my car so they can rap to it, i want to create some music where you can just sit down and listen to it. Something like shpongle, or sound tribe sector 9, or maybe beats antique. All these people make music that just keeps changing and it stays very interesting. The sounds they get are bizare, stuff you dont really hear. How should i go about creating music like this besides just experimenting, i dont even know where to start. Listen to this track DMT by Sphongle.
Psybient - Shpongle - DMT - Divine Moments Of Truth - YouTube
This is exaclty the kind of mucis i want to create, something that tells a story behind it, or a piece of music that puts some thought into your head. Also, is there any synth i should buy that would help me in this type of sound im looking for? What kind of sound am i eben looking for lol. Thanks for the help guys. Any tips of this type of production would be great.

Love me some tribe, not sure how they do their thing but I know they use alot of scales for their melodies and layer alot of samples or percussion sounds to fill out the songs.

Become a student of music and then you can make songs like that. I takes experience and to be able to hear a song in your head and have the ability to create it. I suggest brushing up on some music theory, learning an instrument and practicing as much as you can.

I'd just try to create weird sounds and find a way to make them work together, and have a lot of variety in the track if I was going to try and make something like that song you linked.

Back