How is it done?

petermer

Hey guys,
I'm new here, hope I posted at the correct section.
Anyway, I was wondering how the effect at the intro of the song "Inna - Sun is Up (Artel Eretti Remix)" is done. (I can't post links yet, you can find it very easily on youtube)
I have also heard it at some other tracks, but I can't really figure out what technique is used. Could you give me a hint?:p

What effect? I don't hear any in particular. You mean how the sounds cut in and out in a rhythmic fashion? They use either a slow attack or a side-chain.

The electro melody has a side chain on it and the pattern of it itself contains short staccato notes. if you need more help or if this wasnt what you were looking for, feel free to let me know.

Exactly, I'm talking about the electro melody from 0-0:14. I can hear now that it has a side chain compressor, but I can't really figure out the lead pattern. Does it have a slow attack and a fast release to make the staccato notes?
Thanks for your help!

Exactly, I'm talking about the electro melody from 0-0:14. I can hear now that it has a side chain compressor, but I can't really figure out the lead pattern. Does it have a slow attack and a fast release to make the staccato notes?
Thanks for your help!

It's somewhat like that. It's actually much harder to replicate because it sounds like he used some effect knobs, in this case volume knob and recorded it in real life. It has like a gated sound after a long note that has slow attack..so its sorta more complex.

Heres an mp3 file of what I came up with.

I also included the .mid file...u gotta change the innimid.mp3 ending to .mid (not allowed to post .mids idk why)

note the .mid doesnt have the gated effect on it so you can see how much it plays a part in creating the melody. play around with it. its not 100% but its sorta close.

Last edited:
Oh, I see now. I really like how "tight" the Eretti's melody sounds. Thanks for taking the time to show me a sample of what you meant, and thanks for your help!

yeah all you gotta do is throw in a couple of gate effects and a sidechain and you pretty much have it. the bigger step would be the choice of synths for the leads which i must say, i chose poorly lol but yea glad i can help

Back