How do you make a drum roll on fruityloops

this kinda *stupid* trance drum roll?

take an empty pattern

add a snare

fill all 16 slots

now manipulate the volume of the different hits

from volume = 0/10/20 (whatever you want)

to 90/100%

also experiment with reverb settings, different snare heights and attacks... and delay

wow, now I know how to make a *stupid* trance drumroll.

hey mindblunt, can you teach me how to make one of those *lame arse* trance basslines??

hahahahahahahahahaha. . . .. .sorry. Hopefully no trance heads (i.e. DJ Chriss) see this and bust me.

drumrolls...

you will probably also want to fool around with the ajustable cutoff- slowly lifting the cutoff while tweaking the volume can be good-

as people have said, though, the drumroll can be kinda overused- try to be creative with it- try to develop and incorperate it in new places or with new instruments and or percussion.

Lodger

Don't just fill in all sixteen notes with a snare. Try a few in quick succession, then a short rest, then a few more in succession, then maybe one or two spaced a few notes apart, and then from the 6th or 7th quarter note all the way to the end of the measure just make a straight roll (this is for a two-measure roll). Play with the volume, gate time, decay, release on each individual hit. You can also play around with clock shifts and what not. Just program some stuff, edit the parts that don't work, and reprogram the parts you deleted. Oh, don't forget the pitch controls.

You say to fill like 16 keys with snares and to change volume control...but when I use fruity loops, you cannot change volume control of individual keys, only if you make like 16 different rows of snares, then change each one...Am I missing something?

Thanks for any response.

One.

Looks like you haven't found the graph editor. There's a button right beside the keyboard editor button (the button that brings up the screen where you can enter different notes). In the graph editor you can assign a unique pan, volume, filter cut, filter resonance, pitch and shift to each note. This is one way you can fade in a drum roll. Otherwise you could use automation to increase the volume of the drum.

Why dont you guys learn some good rolls, like the classic drum roll, **** those dirty south snare rolls

For a more traditional, military triplet drumroll, I find the best bet is manual entry with an MPC, especially if you have a velocity sensitive pad. That way you can get the rhythm and velocity in one fell swoop. Just my two cents.

Back