how do you layer and add fx to brass, synths, leads, ect ?

IN59ITE

i am near enough a newbie when it comes to layering methods for dirty south beats using fl studio 9. What i like to know is what is some common methods to layer instruments(brass,synths,strings,leads ect) also what effects can be a staple to certain instruments.

another thing i like to know as im a newbie is the way to lay down the beat because i always get stuck after laying the brass down e.g start with the main brass melody, then add backing synth , then add lead,

all feedback is appreciated, peace

U layer and add fx to brass, synths, leads lol, little less specific sir (*sarcasm)

You mean in what order do you make it??
I usually do my drum shit kick clap snare and then do the lead, and then background sounds and extra hits and snares and drops later on when i really know how i want it exactly....makes shit run together better, IMO....

I think the extra layering you might be looking for could be found simply by adding some light chorus, flanger, tremelo, delay and such. Just experiment and see what helps them sound thicker. In most cases, you prolly wanna be sure you keep the main phrase clear, so use modulation in moderation if you're tryin to keep the main brass/synth characteristics.

you might be going about this the wrong way...
Compose the music first (I usually start with the harmonic parts first then the melodic), then lay down the simple beat, the the SFX, the music effects, then fine-tune the sounds.

The best way to make a song is generally in that order...

You say you have trouble with layering and beats?

Back