How do I sample Instruments?

L

livewire513

Pretty self explanatory How do I sample Instruments like a clap from a jeezy or rick ross song without all the instruments being included. Is it just filtering out different frequencies or phase cancellation or both? Basically what Im saying is the vocals are still included with the beat and I cant get an instrumental to make it easier to chop up. How do I get rid of the background noise when taking a sample or kick?

You can't for the most part, if you wish to sample a clap or whatever out of a tune, the best thing to do is to find a passage where that clap does not have anything else playing along with it.

ok... i pretty much figured that part out but thanks... if any other suggestions please let me know folks

Yeah, technology isn't at the stage where it can filter out everything except 1 particular sound. There are a few techniques for trying to isolate a vocal inside of a musical passage but you don't get brilliant results and it's certainly not going to work for trying to isolate a clap out of a busy section of music.

Musical frequencies overlap and therefore sounds are blended together, 1 thing cannot be isolated into pure space and captured.

Back