How do i make a slow RnB beat/slow jam

flypaki

How do i make a slow RnB beat/slow jam. I really would like to know, Any place were i can get samples and what instruments should i use. Advice and tips please.

RnB is a style.There really is not RnB instruments.Just like there
not really hiphop instruments.

My best advice for you is to listen to R&B and try remaking some of your favorite R&B songs..by remaking the songs you'll find out what instruments are commonly used in R&B! Also when remaking R&B songs take note of the tempo that is used in the songs that you remake...more than likely this is the "R&B Tempo".

^^^Yep. Listen to some good R&B music. You know the kind you feel that touches you. Not just some R&B music that sounds all complex and weird because it is. Am still learning the structure's and everything else, since I founded my sound. At the end just do it./

The easiest way is to have a nice main melody, once you have that the rest goes easy, you just built everything around that even the drums, but you need playing skills for the main melody. Listen to some Danity Kane stuff and look at the main melodies how they are build and in what key they are, you can even try to replay them, like the melody from Ride For You. It's interesting when you find melodies in commercial songs and notice that the composer has used 1-2 notes that are not even in the scale.

Just pay me to do it for you.....instant pregnancy...instant baby making:sing:

naw:p.......on the real, it helps to know how to play the keys, use some simple chords, guitars, snaps, rim shot snares, shakers, chimes, etc

Producing R&B can vary, i have heard some that are around 75/80 BPM and others at 110 BPM so its always up to you how you wanna get it done.

Most Slow Jamz that i have heard or like really have either Piano or String Leads but there is really no theory of what it has to have, its just depends what sounds you think will fit your idea.

flypaki said:
How do i make a slow RnB beat/slow jam. I really would like to know, Any place were i can get samples and what instruments should i use. Advice and tips please.

"some Marvin Gaye, some Luther Vandross, a little Anita, will definitely set this party off right,
some Ready for the World, some New Edition, some Minnie Ripperton, and definitely set this party off right ,
(Are u gonna be, are u gonna be, are u gonna be, are you gonna be are you gonna be, well well well well well)"

sori, had to be done

but yeah id 2nd/3rd the listen 2 your fav songs approach.
im starting out as well and i have 5-10 songs on a playlist that i use for influences and borrow elements from. usually the feel/mood of a melody or bassline or drum pattern or the sound of a instrument.

hope that helps

the main thing i could suggest is get your sounds together first and lay them out. RnB is real smoothe, so you may have a piano part that only comes in every 8 bars, use a lot of different sounds, but dont make it crowded, lay them out very smoothly, like a slow dr.dre beat

it helps to have some keyboard chops... the top rnb producers all can play like a mofo... Brian Cox and all his crew are awesome on the keyboard and they make some badass rnb. Of course these days alot of rnb tracks are just as simple melodically as hip hop tracks.

here is a snippet of a piano ballad type rnb track i did a while back in d minor.. with some guitar, whiney synth and all.. i like it although its a bit on the cheesy side but thats what i was going for (have you heard instrumentals of most POP rnb type stuff- Cheese!) but like i said it just helps to have some experience with the piano or keyboard or even if you can't play experiement with drawing in piano performances although it may sound completely robotic bc you would have to put in lots of human nuances and errors to sound convincing...

But the fact is... And i've told many budding producers this is -- LEARN MUSIC! especially if thats what your trying to make! MUSIC! learn how to play the piano or guitar, get some lessons...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7L0SCZ5G

Back