How do I make Datsik/Excision style heavy wobbling synth?

steffeeh

I'm not a dubstep producer, but I've always wondered how Datsik and Excision make that really heavy and dark wobbling synth.

Examples:
- Datsik - Gecko [0:55]
- Datsik - Hydraulic [1:22]
- Foreign Beggars & Noisia - No Holds Barred (Excision Remix) [0:30]

Please give me some feedback if this isn't the right category etc..

Last edited:
Not too sure...however I was playing about with some fm synthesis a while ago...and found that if you have osc 2 directed a little to osc 1, then modulate osc 1 through modulation x, then, play this sound at a low note (add distortion obviously) it has that sorta metallicy chugging of that bass

Suppose if you mess about with it a little more then you could get the desired result

but all in all, I believe it is just a modulated bass with distortion, played at a low pitch

Not too sure...however I was playing about with some fm synthesis a while ago...and found that if you have osc 2 directed a little to osc 1, then modulate osc 1 through modulation x, then, play this sound at a low note (add distortion obviously) it has that sorta metallicy chugging of that bass

Suppose if you mess about with it a little more then you could get the desired result

but all in all, I believe it is just a modulated bass with distortion, played at a low pitch

Can you please explain a little more specific, what shape did the oscillators for example have?

Back