How could i get/recreate this sound?

ahhh...i had a whole reply typed out and when it hit post....the website gave me an error.....

but i wanted to say thanks for posting the song, otherwise i would probably not have come across this song...i think its pretty cool.

but check it out....i'd say its reverbed with delays....and around the 9-10 second mark, you can hear filter sweeps....so i feel like its being sent thru a filter.... as for the sound itself....i want to say that it is the same sound that comes in around the 2:10 mark.....but in the beginning it has no low end and is being filtered more.....i could be wrong, but it sounds like that to me...you can hear at the 41 second mark, that the sound kinda changes....now sounds more violinish/celloish or something....its because the filter it was going thru, opened up a little bit causing more frequencies to be heard...then eventually at the 2:10 mark, its wide open, producing the full, rich sound of the instrument....then a few seconds later when the beat fully drops, you can hear it being filtered a little bit again...

this should be somewhat easy to create your own... get a sound that resembles the heavy sound at the 2:10 mark....I dont know what kind of instrument it is tho...I want to say a cello or something, but i could be wrong.

But run that thru some delays, which won't necessarily make the sound repeat itself...i think its used more for wideing and warming the sound some....then slap some reverb on it..and get your automation game on.

you'll want a highpass filter to filter out the low end.....and a low pass filter to filter out the high end......and you'll want these to be automated because as you can hear in this track......the sound changes quite a bit thru the beginning/middle of the track....its all got to do with the filtering of the EQs....so give that a try and see what you come up.

and hopefully someone else can post their thoughts, and possibly name the instrument correctly lol

hope it helped some

i think the sounds hes talking about and the strings have nothing to do with eatchother..

im sure in whatever they used to make the beat...that was just track one and track two.

i think alot of it was in the envelope

slow attack fast decay small sustain.

everytime the keys release theres your reverb. **** if i know but i like talking haha

typical saw sound, filter envelope with long attack, filter resonance up a little, lots of reverb, lots of delay.

Back