How to control the release on a sound???

Dennis1990

I was wondering how would I go about doing a strum with a sound and having the release way up but ONLY to have the release be heard on the last note of the strum.

Like having the release CUT and only played on the last note in FL studio????

One way is to rightclick on the releaseknob (if you're on a stockplugin, otherwise you have to create an editor thumbnail, if it's a thirdparty plugin, look for tutorials on it), and select "Edit events in piano roll", then a graph will show up in the pianoroll that you can edit. Note that you first have to send the plugin to the piano roll before you can select this option.

Or, go the the playlist and select the desired length, and create an automation clip for the releaseknob that you simply loop.

Or, map the knob to the velocity or another MIDI-controller in the piano roll and edit the values as you like in the notes.

you use the sustain pedal - midi continuous controller (CC) 64: turn it on by setting the value to 127 (anything above 64 will be fine) and turn it off by setting the value to 0 (anything from 63 and down is fine)

One way is to rightclick on the releaseknob (if you're on a stockplugin, otherwise you have to create an editor thumbnail, if it's a thirdparty plugin, look for tutorials on it), and select "Edit events in piano roll", then a graph will show up in the pianoroll that you can edit. Note that you first have to send the plugin to the piano roll before you can select this option.

Or, go the the playlist and select the desired length, and create an automation clip for the releaseknob that you simply loop.

Or, map the knob to the velocity or another MIDI-controller in the piano roll and edit the values as you like in the notes.
I was thinking, can't this be done with a simple volume automation?

Wait I read that wrong, sorry.
Yeah you can try it but I don't know if it gives the same results as automating the release.

I was wondering how would I go about doing a strum with a sound and having the release way up but ONLY to have the release be heard on the last note of the strum.

Like having the release CUT and only played on the last note in FL studio????

guys, this is a simple "how do I sustain/hold each note in an arpeggio/scale run until the last note is played?" type of question - answer use a sustain pedal to hold all the notes and then release it with the last note

Isn't there a "Cut Itself" option in FL? Not certain if it's a sequencer-only feature, but it works exactly as the OP described.

cut itself shuts off the previous note which does not what the original questions read like to me

guys, this is a simple "how do I sustain/hold each note in an arpeggio/scale run until the last note is played?" type of question - answer use a sustain pedal to hold all the notes and then release it with the last note
From what I understood, he's trying to do this inside a VST, and maybe he doesn't have a sustain pedal.

except that in just about every daw you can insert a sustain pedal automation channel or pencil in teh sustain pedal in the midi data track

Back