Hip Hop Styles

Lokz

I don't think everyone can have there own individual music style because there are so many people in the world. So for all the haters who hate on people who are influenced in other people's music, let people develop a style by being influenced by others because most styles have been takin already (unless your a very weird person who makes very weird music). Most melodies have also been taken unless your going to make a like 30 second loop. Some people only use other people's musical samples propably because they don't have enough money to buy drum kits or they just wanna see if they can do better than their favourite producers. Also don't hate just because they make better music than you it just makes you look foolish.

I disagree. There are always new melodies to be created.

As for styles, there's nothing wrong with being influenced by someone, but there's no excuse for not being creative. There are always new styles to be develped.

I personally believe that there are as many styles of music as there are musicians. Everyone has a different perspective and we can all benefit from everyone elses creative output(this site ,for instance, wouldn't exist without shared output.) Without any musical influence (other musicians, macro-events in history, personal tribulations)- Music wouldn't exist in it's forms today. Only through the progression of music through individual to individual can we aquire new ground breaking intelligent music.
Music dosn't have to be "personaly shared" (narrated) for its elequent uniqueness to be savored. That is the beauty of it; expecially electronic music. An individual can be influenced by music without ever knowing the producer's likes or dislikes. Music is simply pure expression of the soul. It is hard to say that an individuals "style" isn't original. But a listener can tell the true intent of the producer just by listening. So the true purity of an individuals music is comprised solely of his "intent" when he creates it.

Lokz said:
Most melodies have also been taken unless your going to make a like 30 second loop

note sequences maybe
but not timing

no two people think alike in every way. as long as it stays like that its new thing to be thought of.

there are no two styles the same.styles are like fingerprints,everybody has their own unique way of doing things,just adding their little signature to it.

its tru bout how there are SO SO SO many producers now (why now??? thats another fukin topic..)

but u will get very similar melodies, i dont think exact replicas but hey if ur tunes r hot u got nothin to worry bout

I'm feeling the the aphex twin and squarepusher stuff these days. I was wondering what, if any, instruments does squarepusher play? his drum edits are sick but his baselines and melodies are equally intense. I am addicted to Port Rhombus

PS - I'm a noobian on this forum and i just want to say biggups. There is a good equalibrium of composition and theory as well production info. Other board i have visited have focused almost entirely on production and engineering. I gots tones of questions about theory

Back