HELP!!! one of my beats was just on a jaguar commercial!!!!

sure I'll tell you something your screwed...not only that but any beasts you through together can be rearranged and tweeked and it's not yours any more^_* look at Kill Bill Sample City!
anywayz get your ass here! www.copyrights.gov
and fill out an SR or PA short form, then when that happens to you it's court time!

I'd like to be straight and to the point and say this: That's why you DON'T F**KING SAMPLE! Copying the chord progressions in the melody and changing it into something is cool, if you sample the melody and arrange it into something original, that's cool too. But, if you don't want to have to deal with this kind of corporate bs then just do original stuff. It's a simple concept really. Stagnation leads to death, people copying other people's riffs is why I've lost much of my respect for mainstream music these days. Especially mainstream hip hop. I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but I just think it's much easier to come up with something original than to worry about copyright violations. That's my two and a half cents.

yea that's hmm wait a sec looping LOL!
na those guys have to make money off there hard work for putting out loop cd's in all styles or someth'n...

thanks for the replies ppl ... well it was fun to listen to it on tv it gives me a sense of satisfaction

jluvn said:
thanks for the replies ppl ... well it was fun to listen to it on tv it gives me a sense of satisfaction

false sense. everybody and they momma flipped that sample. they did NOT jack you. stop thinking that.

hahaha thats the last straw. jluvn is now officially a Laughingstock.

Forbidden_Silence said:
I'd like to be straight and to the point and say this: That's why you DON'T F**KING SAMPLE! Copying the chord progressions in the melody and changing it into something is cool, if you sample the melody and arrange it into something original, that's cool too. But, if you don't want to have to deal with this kind of corporate bs then just do original stuff. It's a simple concept really. Stagnation leads to death, people copying other people's riffs is why I've lost much of my respect for mainstream music these days. Especially mainstream hip hop. I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but I just think it's much easier to come up with something original than to worry about copyright violations. That's my two and a half cents.

First of all. Gotta hand out the props to forbidden silence for knowing what the trilogy BLACK SUN RISING is, and more importantly- I second that entire statement. I mean, how hard is it really to throw 50 riffs together. I eman original ones. THEN, when ur stuck in a composition, go to your little bag 'o' ORIGINAL riffs, and slap one in there.

hahah what's the point of having your own style if you use other peoples SH$$$t... you can write music in any style of any time in history, rhthmic, harmonic, melodic, any kind of arrangement, as long as it's you doing the music that music will have a feel all it's own...but sampling someone else's music and using 'er hmm...that's why loops blow my mind. get a loop rip it up, layer it in Live 4 or something, but don't just use it.
this message was brought to you by one strangecat...omoshiroi ne...

The loop oriented software progress has made things little too easy. I've watched some tutorial videos of Stylus RMX and i think its very powerfull but then again lots of untalented people now have a chance to sound really commercial using great sounding loops made by other people. It really doesnt take much talent to layer bunch of great loops and then have a great full (sometimes too full) sounding drumtrack. Ofcourse some people say that the loops can be chopped to pieces and edited to make it more of your own creation BUT then again it really doesnt take much to be able to point out whats good about particular loop and using only the good parts (like great kick or snare). Its very rare to hear really talented loop handling. Most of the time its just a quick and easy way doing music.

It seems there are lots of people now doing music with the trial and error method and using lots of ready made sounds. There's even a vsti by überschall wich is basically a sample library of ready made chord progresions (called Vintage Chord Progressions) then there is steinbergs groove agent (ready made midi drum grooves) and virtual guitar series (ready made guitar riffs) and the virtual bass player is also coming. I bet there's dozens of others too that I just dont remember now.

You have to be extremely untalented and tone deaf person if you cant make mediocre sounding music with todays technology.

Then we have this generation of hiphop "producers" or lets say 'beatmakers' who have taken over this board too and are asking questions like how to use shuffle, what is chord or what is scale and how to write good melodies or bass lines (like there would ever be a guaranted method). They got their fruity loops running and they have lots of great samples and loops and not to forget: a lots of trial and error experience of how to code or construct (cant use the word 'compose' or 'produce' here) a good sounding hiphop beat. When it comes to doing something musical they have no clue how to proceed.

I think I'll stop here. I made my point clear.

Well this is true, but...It takes real talant to make a really good remix, using Sonar 4, Live 4, or whatever. Acid)joke) It is cool to splice loops and layer them to keys then have a filter delay on a send(for doing DB style) Kontaks beat machine is cool for cuting up loops saving them as midi and then loading those up in sequencer. It takes a lot of talant to be a good producer, in fact for America and the UK(songs pretty much the same) it is the Producer for everything. Even if you get record deal, that record company will want to reproduce your music in there studio) Most songs use such little harmony and have such bland melodies that it's a joke, but the Producer is so talanted that they make the song very interesting with blends of polyRythms and cool breaks. Not to mention making it all cd quality etc. Really though for a lot of people loops are there beginning I think, then after a while they start to do stuff on there own^_* think of loops as a learning tool for them. Oh and don't let the Trance Fanatics read your post Sharkman, you would never hear the end of it WHAHAHHA^__^ ^__^

there is an album called "Hanzo Steel"
It consists of only kill bill sampled tracks. this whole thread has made me sick to my stomach. Just about as sick as when i read this forum saying RZA "scored" the kill bill soundtrack. When in reality he made 2 (maybe 3) cheesy ass tracks for it.

im sad 4 u

Totmacher said:

First of all. Gotta hand out the props to forbidden silence for knowing what the trilogy BLACK SUN RISING is,

damn

thought i was the only one who caught that

big ups

congratulations man. how did you go about sellin your beat to jaguar?

OmniUnknown said:
congratulations man. how did you go about sellin your beat to jaguar?

you obviously didn't read any part of this thread... not even the main first post.

...but it does look like you read part of the title, though.

Back