hard kicks

Jay-mir

how do u make a hard kick....like i a somewhat hard kick but i want it harder i am using fruity loops could some help

yeah i know that but i dont know what to eq and i dont have any idea what im supposed to be getting out of compressing (except the fact i want a hard kick drum) like can some body explain it to me

Turn up at the 250 knob to make the kick hit harder

Jus' a little bit

and just play with the compression..be careful not to overdo any of it though..or it will take over the mix...no sound is more important than the other ones

Try a different kick sample with a good bottom end (around 50 Hz) or you could feed a split from the kick to the side-chain input on a gate w/ a 50Hz tone running thru it. Blend the tone in on another channel. I don't know anything about fruity loops so this may not work.

i sometimes layer it with the mids all the way or right b for it starts to make a knock sound.

full all that jive,

1. stack your drums (layer them)

2. Raise the mid-range 250-500Hz

3. Compress with a quick release.

depends of what kind of hard kick you want. Ofcourse always begin with a good source sound. Tools i mainly use for making hard kicks are distortion, compression, reverb, and eq. Also i often layer multiple samplers to create the kick i want. So you take like a kick with a good punch and a kick with a nice decay and put them together true a compressor.
experiment with the fx alot till you get the results you want. Like reverb before compression, or reverb before distortion. I often use multiple distortions on 1 sound. Its all a matter of trying really (and ofcourse good sounding plugins). If you only got the fruity plugins then you should really consider trying to get some other plugins.
I can show you some stuff over msn if your intrested maybe
ferryvdam@gmail.com

if u want a harder sounding kick just up tha 250hz freq by about 1.6 - 2dbl and give it a little reverb... if u feel to make some decent sounding kick i suggest u use the legacy effects that come in the samplers on fl studio. i do not know y the legacy effect do not show by default but to enable it just click options, then general settings and click the show legacy effects tab now at the bottom of the samplers u should c some new options show up, u hear more drastic results with percussions.

lol ninja..that a good tip :) thought they got rid of those fx in the newer versions... stupid i never seen that option, i guess thats the pain of using illegal versions eh..not owning a manual.
thx man im glad its still available

Hi Mate to create a hard kick sound why not try sampling an accoustic kick drum, roll the mid EQ out a touch and compress it to 4:1 with a quick attack, mess around a with the threshold a wee bit n ull have a kcik ass kick drum mate.
If you want a load of kick (or any drum sounds for that matter) I have shed loads i have made over the years.

Back