Fruity LOOPS 5!! PLZ Reply With EXPERT Opinion

Ownedskillz

I started using FL, during the summer
night and day, and i can say that i've become pretty decent!
There are a few things that still puzzle me though....

I have a midi keyboard with usb capability, a Casio PX-555R
to be exact.

My question,
In FL, can I play something on my keyboard and have that recorded into fruity loops?
That would be amazing if I could seen as though I have some serious music making inhead of me!

Also, How would I shorten the synths or make it so that it does not keep going on til the end of the track. This can get really annoying! I want control over my synths!

Yeah if its a midi keyboard you can record your notes into fl5 by clicking the record button next to the play button. I usually click the wait for input square, then the record button then the play button...and as soon as I play my first note its starts recording into the piano roll

Yeah, U can do that. Plus, if U want to stop tha sounds from goin on and on, U can do a couple of things. U can:
1. Edit the sample in the wave editor. (click on the sample in the Step Sequencer, and at the top left corner is a button for option. U should find the editor in there). Once U edit it and save it, it'll already be in the setting "Use Loop Points."

2. Simply click on the sample in the S.S. and click "Use loop points" in the Loop box if able to do so with the sample. If not, use the 1st suggestion I gave.

Ownedskillz said:
Also, How would I shorten the synths or make it so that it does not keep going on til the end of the track. This can get really annoying! I want control over my synths!

Right-Click the name of the track and click "Send to Piano Roll.."

Generic White Boy said:

Right-Click the name of the track and click "Send to Piano Roll.."

thatll do ya right there. but the recording suggestion that was given---i think thats gonna record midi, not the audio from the keyboard. if you want the audio from the keyboard, you have to have it hooked up with audio to your pc. then record....

peace.

yea just send it to piano roll and adjust the lenght
you can even play with the adsr settings of the sample to decide how it cuts (fade out or dry cut etc)

do you want to record the midi information (only the controller data) or the actual sounds off your keyboard?

yea i wanted to make that stop too. sometimes i would have a real tight beat and that be the only thing that would make me hate it lol. but yea all i did was click on the sound botton and adjust the out nob and it will fade out.

Thanks 4 all da support,
yes, I wanted to record actual audio from the keyboard onto fl,do u mean i have to purchase an expensive audio card?, my keyboard is hooked up thru my usb port, do i need an additional cable?, and as for the synths What sound button are you referring too? how exactly do u fade the synth?
++Thank You++

for the synth im talking about the pattern you are creating wen the pattern or sound is on the sequencer. its the button(s) to the left on the sequencer which states the name of your sound. click that button and it should be on the smp tab there you will see the in and out nobs that u use to fade in and out and problem solved.

peace

To record notes from a midi keyboard I have a radium 49, and can make **** sound like an orchestra is behind me, try this simplistic method.

In the step sequencer, add one of fruity loops synths, say, the wasp plug in, play the notes you want however many bars you want to loop, send them to the piano roll- there you can alter them quantize whatever, select and copy the notes you see, Paste them to a blank sample channel and just drop different sounds on them. Also go to options and loop record. also does your midi keyboard has sounds or is it a stand alone midi keyboard?

or what you can do is by a edirol midi out cable which hooks up with a usb cable to a midi out, dat way its more easier

basically, midi recording is a bit slow in Fl, thou i use fl as my main sequencer, but i record my midi parts in cakewalk 9, and then import the midi of the recorded parts in the piano roll editor and use it the way i want.its good in cakewalk then in flstudio...

.: peace :.

Last edited:
Back