Freelancer with downloads here. C&C please?

L

Likwidkrome

Ok people. I'm new here and I'm seeking comments on my music. I'm not sure if there are any pros who frequent these forums but if there are I'd love to hear some comments on how I could improve. I've done some small jobs doing music for project films, some computer games, childrens production company etc. At the moment I'm working on a computer game and a promo tune for a novel release. I'm versatile but I need to know if I've got what it takes to score for film. I can't get this link working so just go to my site where you'll find around 25 mp3s to download.
Comments appreciated.
Cheerz, Michael.
http://micktaylormuzik.tripod.com

Sup Ozzy! Umm.. I mean, Likwidkrome!:D Welcome to FP. I've seen your game "Cupids match up" on Garage Games.com. I know of your co-composer Michael Huang too. Small world. I compose for games as well as hip hop. See you around.
-Ajari-

Last edited:
Wow, that's the quickest reply I ever had on a forum! Thanks.
Yes it is a small world indeed. And yeah, that Michael guy did a nice job with the harp on that particular game.
Cool.....

Nice work there.
I like Dark Hordes Arise....
very atmospheric. fantastic crashing fast section - made me jump!!!!

Also listening to silver bullet. Fast strings and wind lines are really hard to get realistic aren't they... I can't criticise your work though - it's so polished and cinematic. The only thing is a few more expression swells, and avoid machinegun oboes!

Great stuff!

Chris
www.chrisbouchard.tk

Thanks Chris. I checked out your site and also liked some of your stuff. I think I'm gonna have to get me one of those 'Clone Ensemble' thingys. Quite cool. Can you save the result as a wav? Or does the actual plug-in have to be running the whole time?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'machine gun oboes' though. Ah well.
Best of luck...
Mick.

Yeah it's a vst plugin, so you can use it non-realtime or in realtime.

The machine gun effect, is due to overquantising fast runs, or scales, and not varying the velocity or expression. Just sounds a little computerised.

VERY impressive stuff! I especially love your creepy, atmospheric, horror pieces! Who are some of your influences?

As for, "do you have what it takes to score films" I ask you this: Can you write an hours worth of music in a month? :P Depending on what you're writing for (eg: feature length or indie film) there will be quite a few time restraints.

You already have a lot of styles under your belt, it doesn't hurt to get more. Delve into some jazz and world music too and you've got quite a head start on the competition!

Last edited:
Dimora said:
Delve into some jazz and world music too and you've got quite a head start on the competition!
competition!
competition!
competition!

Gawd Dimora you always be talkin about battling, competition and winning. You too compedative. See that's why I don't never go no where wit you, you always be figh 'en.:p :D

*Ajari runs and hides*

*grabs battle axe and runs after Aja!*

Heeerrre Aja, Aja, Aja! hehe

You know what I meant! :P If he's looking to really get serious about film scoring it's all about competition :(

*gives in* you're still right though. I am too competative....but it's typically with myself *sobs in a corner like a little girl*

Very good music ! Thumbs up.
I was impressed a lot, from the compositions and the quality of sounds / production . Very good stuff,good luck

Dimora, you asked about influences....well, almost everything from extreme metal to classical/ambient. Vangelis is a biggy for me. Yeah, I can hear you Williams and Goldsmith fans laughing, but I believe he is a genius is his own way. Other influences have come from differnt scores or pieces with no particular people in mind. To name a few, Zimmer, Bernard Herrman, Williams, Edward Shearmur, JNH, Goldsmith, some Elfman, the Conan music was great (can't remember his name), Christopher Youngs Hellraiser theme was great (for the creepy stuff), Brian Eno, a game composer called Bill Brown, bands like Dream Theater, Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Devin Townsend. Loads of guitarists. Bach, Handel etc.....
As soon as I post I'll think of 20 more I should have mentioned.
Thanks....bye.
Mick.

Hey Likwidkrome,

Your guitar style reminds me of Jason Becker/Marty Freidman, a la "Perpetual Burn" (John Petrucci was my former guitar teacher back in the "Images and Words" days, by the way.) :)

You are obviously a very talented musician... your stuff sounds really good... but (and this is just my opinion) i would suggest that you maybe try to be a bit more subtle in your compositions/production.

I think you absolutely have the talent to compose for film. Listen to some modern/current film scores and really analyze what they are doing... the way they work with the picture... the way they work with the dialogue... the instruments they use... the production style. Try writing stuff along with actual movie clips...

Like I said... I think you have a lot of talent... good luck!

Back