Free Videos To Score . . . ?

H&R

Designer
I'm interested in trying my hand at scoring. It's been an interst of mine for alittle while. I was wondering if there is a site with videos that are free to download so that I can play with ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have recently scored a video game and used a games trailor as a means of practice. Download the trailor and import it into your sequencer deleting the previous audio file.

Scoring is quite complex, what type music do you arrange? sound design?

A

backzpace said:
Scoring is quite complex, what type music do you arrange? sound design?

I mainly create hip hop, I'm just looking to try it out just for fun and to try my hand at it becausw I think it's interesting. I do not create insanley complex compositions, I'm just looking to try it out just for fun nothing serious.

Thanks I might try that.

It is the art of superimposing music/sound with video/media. Composing music for film is quite complex, it isn't like putting together a beat. Ok, so dr.dre scores movies right?! In theory yes, but guy's like you and me would never get away with it.

When working with film, unless stated otherwise, the music must be an accompaniment... yet still play an essential role in the video. The mighty art of transparency!

A

dre doesn't score movies yet, he said he was learning music theory and that in the future he would like to try scoring some movies..

and his production in 'The Wash' was what? That's right music to film, call it what you will, but a "beat maker" would never have gotten that gig...

ps scratch magazine?!?!?!?!

Back