FL Studio Help

K

K.O.

How do u make the instruments more 'lively'?

i tried applying a synth to a sample beat but it sounds soo isolated because its got a dull sound to it. This happens to most other instruments that i use in FL, thats why i'd rather sample because the sounds of the instruments in FL (such as cytrus presets) are just dull.

First, I suggest getting better samples. If samples suck from the begining, they will never sound good. The reason the synth probably sounds so "isolated" is because, the sample-phrases you have, have already been mixed down and you're just adding something on top of that beat. What you need to do is EQ the synth properly so that you can make it blend with the sample-phrases.

also play around w. the X and Y in cytrus. Make use of the reverb, if you have flps 6 theres 2 diff reverbs each w. their own presets.

yo i thought i was the only one who used fruity loops besides 9th.

you could also make your own synth that are pretty decent in simsynth along with that EQ. just play around with the oscillators. or course you can save it as your own preset. man do i love the loops. do any of y'all know of any other sounds you can purchase that are compatible with fruity loops? i do agree with fam. the presets are pretty limited. there must be some more plugins for some good rhodes and more synths man. oh yeah minimoog works great in fruity loops if you want some vintage synths.
peace
Mic Titan
:cool:

DP and Mic Titan said:
do any of y'all know of any other sounds you can purchase that are compatible with fruity loops? peace
Mic Titan
:cool:

yeh, search engines. type free samples. or wav instruments. I have like 2.5 GIG worth of stuff in my user folder

or, u could spend some money. try zzounds.com, just ask b4 u buy somthin theyll tell u whether its compatable.

Back