First score advice needed( Link Issues fixed)

Hello sound boy...

I like the first peice the best. It, to me sounds the most alive. It has good depth and with the acception of the way to loud skreetching sound three quarter of the way threw, could be seen, in my eyes, in a movie.

As far as the other tracks go. Your sequencing is good, but all your tracks have very logical and or standerd instraments therefor creating a very shallow vibe. In movies great depth is nescessary to portray the selected scenes.

kinesthetic

Yes I mean.......

For instance all the tracks exept for the first one, sound like a demo for a new synth. Not just any syntyh but a cheap one from the late 80's early 90's.

See the first track has interesting sounds and atmospheric layers, all worked in a way that is interesting.
Thee others are just to simple, therefor you would either have to use regular instraments and compose something beautiful "like bheetovin...damn spelling :{..or mozart, or you would have to take advantage of presenting your comp in a way, with sounds and sequences that are pleasent and rich to the ear. That would be depth...alive...

I dont know if you follow me at all, and I dont mean disrespect I suck at receiving constructive chritasicam "and I suck at spelling to :0" Nor have I figured these damn smile faces out, But I mean well.. :)

Maybe one day i'lle let you smash one of my compositions...

Till then...

Kinesthetic

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ....

I just whant tot make sure your alrite with my comments...
I mean your a step ahead of most, just keep at it. I was being as hard on you as I could be.

Anyway ....peace

Kinesthetic

Best way to do a nightmare seen is to have dark tibres in atonal bright tibres and cressendos going up on that.
so the music is Atonal(you want scarry music) but if your just waking up from it then a nice Cymble roll to atonal strings and having some dark ambiant beat would do it too. Just try to capture the emotion in the music man, you'll get it^_* Remember your timbre(color of sound) is important, and also your use of chords, Minor Seconds, diminished fiths, tritones(fourths without supported thirds) that stuff, do some crazy things too, Polytonal, or like Huge Clustor Chords on a piano, or brass, or stings...
anywayz just some ideas for ya be creative, listen to other scores that create that emotion.

kinesthetic said:
Yes I mean.......

the tracks sound like a demo for a new synth. Not just any syntyh but a cheap one from the late 80's early 90's.

Kinesthetic

lol huh? New synth from the 80's?:D Just messin with you man:p

I heard the 2nd track because the first one wasnt working. Sounded ok. Native guy whailing and what not. Synths did sound kinda ....well synth. Not really much more to say. It definatley set a mood. Your on the right track.
-Ajari-

Not a bad effort at all. I think i agree with the "synth demo" references, tho. It does sound like one of those cheesy demos that comes on keyboards in days yonder (before intelligent arrangers).

One suggestion would be to change the timpani sample to something actually sampled, and use slightly different pitches to mimic a human actually hitting the heads slightly different each time.

QUICKIE: question for you scorers. What setup/software do you uses for scoring? Im doing some "hiphopish after party mtv diary type" videos for local clubs. Im am currently on Sonar 3.1 PE and ACID/Sound Forge combo.

Back