finalenotpad...mp3

J

JazzyManda

how do you make a song you wrote on finale notepad into an mp3 so other people can listen to it?

Amanda

You can't do it directly from Finale notepad. You'll need some sort of software that will allow you to record the sound that is coming from Finale itself. What operating system are you using?

Not to be nitpicky but jazz a Native American form of music? Last I heard it had deeply rooted origins in African tribal music..granted it solidified here but can't really call it Native American could you?

"jazz: a form of native American music"

:confused: Where did you hear this? Next someones gonna tell me that hip-hop originated in Cambodia! LOL:cry:

Last edited:
Dimora said:
You can't do it directly from Finale notepad. You'll need some sort of software that will allow you to record the sound that is coming from Finale itself. What operating system are you using?

Not to be nitpicky but jazz a Native American form of music? Last I heard it had deeply rooted origins in African tribal music..granted it solidified here but can't really call it Native American could you?

lol. hey, i've been studying jazz for 5 years now and whenever i study history of jazz that's what text books, teachers, and pros tell me. it orginates from that because of improvisation in Native American music which is also found in jazz.

what do you mean operating system? like a computer? i have a Windows XP

Amanda

Well I can see how the scales can relate to jazz, but I'm inclined to disagree that it's born from the Native American Indian tribal music on a whole. If you could post some reading material as to where you learned it I'd love to read it.

Anyways, yeah operating system as in Windows or Mac or Linux etc etc.

I'm not a Windows girl per se, so I can't really tell you offhand what would be a good for recording audio from your computer itself (That is unless you have sound modules and an external audio recorder maybe?). Search around for a audio software that lets your record that way.

Anybody on here know the PC equivilent to Audio Hijack? (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/index.php) ^^

or would something like Cool Edit or Acid work for her situation?

I've read that thing about Jazz being a Native American artform as well somewhere... can't remember in which book though.

Back