Favorite VSTi's for EDM?

B4ckdrAft

Hey guys just wondering what your favorite vsti's are for those who produce edm. Mine are Massive, Sylenth, FM8, and Sytrus at the moment. Let me know what you guys like and what you use them for!

synth1 mostly, i synthesize nearly all the sounds i use on it. superwave vanguard and daedalus are used occasionally

Massive, Sytrus, Harmor, 3xOsc (I think it's an underrated synth), TranceDrive

Oh and Slicex too. Great for sampling and whatnot

Last edited:
I tend to use massive 99% of the time. I only use sylenth and FM8 when I'm bored or just want a change.

I like almost everything from NI, spectrasonic makes some good stuff too...rob papen ofc...and suprisingly I've found some really dope instruments in the BTV Solo DAW. I'd have to say East West Quantum Leap for the win :)

I use mostly Massive for everything. But now I'm "discovering" some of the stock plugins from Fl Studio, like 3x Osc, Harmor, Wasp and Sakura. This last one has some pretty presets for basses (the fender emulation being my favorite).

My own vocals processed through a bunch of $hit like chorus, fast dist, transient shaper, and tube amplifiers for that buzz. Which then proceed into fl Harmor where I pitch it (down) slow down the speed, and mess with a bunch of parameters like unison, distortion, and eq and pray to god is sounds awesome ^-^

My own vocals processed through a bunch of $hit like chorus, fast dist, transient shaper, and tube amplifiers for that buzz. Which then proceed into fl Harmor where I pitch it (down) slow down the speed, and mess with a bunch of parameters like unison, distortion, and eq and pray to god is sounds awesome ^-^

Hell yeah. I'm now messing about with layering bowed double bass samples, then resynthesizing that in Harmor. So it's basically emulating a synth with a bunch of huge wooden oscillators. I got some pretty good sounds by just layering a few unprocessed Cs in various octaves with the attack cut off, and a really nasty hoover by looping short fragments of the loudest part of some loud notes and layering those. I haven't even messed with effects much yet, except for making a wobble bass.

28330_120089448008862_746436_n.jpg

Hell yeah. I'm now messing about with layering bowed double bass samples, then resynthesizing that in Harmor. So it's basically emulating a synth with a bunch of huge wooden oscillators. I got some pretty good sounds by just layering a few unprocessed Cs in various octaves with the attack cut off, and a really nasty hoover by looping short fragments of the loudest part of some loud notes and layering those. I haven't even messed with effects much yet, except for making a wobble bass.

I love Harmor I think its my fav synth now. This is the tut I learned how to do my own vocals n stuff its great youtube.com/watch?v=zR7aVRjznxM&feature=share&list=LLLMS5AlOjUNkxj_MtSxtqYg.

Back