EQing wah-wah guitars

dkelloway

say I found an open wah-wah sound off of a record (see attached), and I wanted to make it sound like those on this song:

how could I EQ to get that sound? Would I have to mess with the LFO filters and the pitch? What EQ settings could I try?

Also, in the Gwen McRae song, are those wah-wah guitars playing at different pitches everytime they hit with the kicks?
thanks

Last edited:
Your sample already has a wah/lfo filter effect applied and it would therefore be next to impossible to manipulate that to suit .
What you need are the required chords single open strum and then apply effects to suit .
If you have no guitar or ability to record it maybe someone can record them for you if you know what chords you require .

Your sample already has a wah/lfo filter effect applied and it would therefore be next to impossible to manipulate that to suit .
What you need are the required chords single open strum and then apply effects to suit .
If you have no guitar or ability to record it maybe someone can record them for you if you know what chords you require .

so you're saying that if I know the chords, I can use a regular guitar patch and then add effects to it?

I have never used a VSTi guitar so I don't know how they work out .
Would be worth a try though , use a filter driven by an lfo that is tempo locked .

Back