EQ Tricks the pro use?

its good to listen pro songs just to get in touch where some sounds should be cutted....rest of things is just on you

EQ'ing is song specific, meaning there are no set rules or tricks. When someone listens to others songs and says why dont mine sound "pro", its really just another way of saying why dont mine sound good. Instead of trying to get your music to sound "pro" just get it to sound good.

Not really a trick but : Going by how it sounds rather than what the book says.

EP

EQ'ing is song specific, meaning there are no set rules or tricks. When someone listens to others songs and says why dont mine sound "pro", its really just another way of saying why dont mine sound good. Instead of trying to get your music to sound "pro" just get it to sound good.

Bingo. Some good jewels to keep on head though, bass and kicks mostly sit in the low end, snares and claps in the mid, and hats in the high end. When you mix, for the lows, you can usually cut high end frequency, and vice versa for the highs. Mid-range instruments can usually take a little cutting of the lows and highs...

... Think about it as interior decorating, the mixing process. Getting furniture for a room... you don't buy couches, chairs and tables that don't go together, unless you're hobo-ing it. The whole EQ is like a space that you don't wanna abuse, for consequences of distorting the sound. Iono, that's all I got for now -

yeah i just wing it at times .. my ears due 50% mixing my eyes always trying new plugs for differnt unique sounds aswell but mostly just wing it ..

A good tip, eq it. LEave it then go back and listen again.

You will be surprised how good, something bad can sound after listening over and over again for hours.

Also the tip abut not boosting low end unless you have the right monitoring is the most imprtant on this thread. But you can cut away low end, high pass it up to about 40hz or maybe a bit higher. Cuts out mud that no one can hear anyway.

so are you trying to be like someone else by telling someone not to be like someone else? you are being just like the person that told them so....

Everyone copies everyone, get over it and have a great evening.:cheers:

Wow I can't believe I didn't see this to now. What I'm saying is stop d@ck-riding, and try somethings out on your own. I'm not hating, but no one wants to put in any hard work or time to really lean how to do something right.

Some things I generally do...

Cut my master and any low instrument at 30hz.

For many sounds you can cut from about 10khz to give room to your hi hats, tambourines, etc.

I use a lot of cutting at the 200-250hz range on a lot of things just to give my beats a clean feeling, but cut to much and they are too bright.

^^^The one thing I learned when I got really good monitoring is that most kicks don't need much. Just volume knob and maybe a little LP filtering if they're noisy(not often), or a little EQ in the low end for presence(I'm talking like +0.5 to +2.0db @ 64-78hz just for knock. Even with that, not often needed.

man i been boosten way to much

like on my kicks i boost round 136 - 150 like 11db
i always thought u should boost under 100
in fl what plugin will do this lp filter for my kicks>?

i think i need to sit back an reevaluate some things
and

@threadstarter def go wit 8 inch woofers cuz i got krk rp5s and i feel like i got ripped off cuz i had m audio av40s that sounded almost as good

Type in "magic frequencies" on Google and click on the first search result. It's a great excerpt from a great book.

I highly recommend the book. Instead of sifting through a bunch of rubbish on forums, this book will give you the straight facts on mixing. Tons of useful information in this book.

Back