Epic sounding leads

syfer1324

Hey guys, I have began producing for a few months and it's coming along. I've been a drummer my whole life so I already had a pretty good start on it, but I've never played piano before so I can't make melodies/leads/chords or anything like that. I always hear lex luger using orchestra hits and strings to make stuff sound really epic, and sometime I can hear a simple melody in my head that looks good, but when I start programming the notes it comes out wrong, then I hear that loop over and over again trying to figure it out, and then by that time I already forgot what the original composition is.

Any suggestions you guys can give me to help my stuff sound more "epic". Any preset suggestions or scale or chord patterns help.

If synth programming isnt your thing, you simply can't beat reFX Nexus2. Modern rap music essentially relies on it these days. Its where Lex Luger and countless other producers get their orchestral sounds from. If you get bored you can scroll through all the presets and see how many you can recognize from DJ Mustard beats, its where almost all of the sounds used in his beats come from.

Last edited:
Back