Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Efficiency and Productive Mindset- Cognitive Approach to Music Production.

kraed is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Just look at many religious fanatics and such...they believe it...don't understand one bit xD It's possible...many trust extensive hours on a track, discussing the gossip you mentioned, and watching tons of tutorial will aid them manage producing better but those are not the only aspects to take in mind and are not the ones that build up the progress. Knowing it works, understanding it works, and believing it works are different concepts.

Danyella is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    great post. most important thing is to set yourself goals. the 'breaking bad habits' section is very true as well.. common mistake is to flood oneself with tons of plugins etc. which kills our productivity and creativity. stick with a few high quality plugs and use them to the fullest. music production is an ongoing learning process and thats the beauty of it.

kraed is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Should i go about making a more detailed post as well as other subjects? Really looking forward into workflow...

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-05-2012 at 06:42 AM ----------

Hm, would love to hear a bit more of your comments...

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-13-2012 at 12:54 PM ----------

bumpity
    likes this.

MarcDHall is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I think organization in music is dangerous. It breeds habits and templates and comfort zones. It encourages you want to use the same structures over and over, which leads to boring music. Organization is a tool of the bureaucrat not an artist.

For example, people set up template projects... terrible idea. People reuse the same same sounds over and over. This is all to do with commercialization, nothing to do with making good music.

D.Reilly.3.0.3 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I think this is a great thread and would deffos like to hear more! In fact i can relate to what you mean.

I have taken 2 years break from producing after just finishing a degree in Music Tech. this was due to things not being right with me, life etc. It also affected me during the last year of producing before this, finding motivation, fatiguing very easily whilst producing. Not able to control the excess baggage in my head hindering my concentration and focus, drive, ambition!

I just started reading a book which i actually found from this forum and it is great for helping with cognitive thinking and developing a better understanding of yourself and how to improve your success in life. I'm only on the second chapter but it has already got me thinking about writing out my own "contract" of what i hope to achieve and using it as a daily mantra, as well as goals and stuff.

To anyone who finds this thread interesting you should definitely check it out. "Think & Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information