Edirol Orchestral in FL5

MeNaCeR said:
"you have to Save Performance for your instrument selection and User Tone(i think) for your instrument tweaks..."

Damn... thats weak. I just noticed that.....

I have the Edirol Super Quartet and was running into the same problem. I tried the DXi version rather than the VST version and now it works like all my other synths in FL, no need to save performance.

Edirol Orchestral cutting out may be an issue with how you have set up the vst in the first place. You may be doing it correctly but, If you load Edirol into an effects channel (importing it as you would a new vst filter) then set the Port number to 1. Then Add Fruity Midi-Outs, setting the Port Number to 1 (same port as Edirol) and the channel number to correspond with the instrument you want in edirol in the midi-out. This is the best way to set up multiple-out vsts, rather than adding it as you would a regular vst.
To save you time setting up 16 midi outs everytime you want to do something with edirol, I recommend creating a blank template with the midiouts and edirol ready to go.

I use a laptop and it works ok with a few annoying stop/starting clicking but I use FL6 so it may have ironed out some vst probs since then. However, I haven't got a fancy soundcard. What I do have though is a driver I got from M-Audio website for the duo-sport, it's an asio driver that when you put fl on that audio setting, it can cope with huge cpu loads, don't ask me why, i'm not technical.

In regards to someone asking about the instruments resetting to the default, It's a little annoying but this is what you do. On the top right hand corner of edirol's display, click on the button labelled 'system'. Click on the tab labelled 'File'
then 'save performance' this will bring up a 'save as' window and ask you to name the .ope file. Name it and save it somewhere you can remember, not always will it bring you back to that folder.
This will save your instrument settings.
When you open up your song another day, just remember to go back to the system on edirol and load the corresponding .ope file. I usually put a fruity notepad on the channel to keep notes on that sort of thing.

Goodluck.

Back