Dubstep Bass Question?

DerJamMattson

Hey guys so I have been really getting into Au5 & Fractal's sounds this past year and one of my favorite drops is Metronic (Fractal Remix). The part I was especially love to know how it was created is the part at 2:04-2:08. In particular the triplet noise and the rising noise. I've gotten sort of close to the sound using Massive's phase oscillator and Sample/Hold on the triplet sound; does anyone have a better way for recreating this?

The song link:
Au5 - Metronic (Fractal Remix) - YouTube

....... are you talking about THE KICK? lol, that triplet sound leading into that part is the kick with a resonant low pass filter on it. The resonance is probably making you think it's another instrument or something, but it's just the kick playing and the filter is opening up. The ambient noise may also be more subtly opening up with a similar filter. There is reversed reverb/vocals/piano/etc.. playing along side it and crescendos to just before "the drop".

ok so as i hear this, there is a phaser effect involved, and the synth is a square based one (meaning the oscillator is set to square). as well there might be a very short delay on the sound.

Oxygen beats you are very right about the part before the drop, the low pass filtered kick and everything. HOWEVER I was talking about the very first part of the drop. Aron I agree, there is definitely a phaser involved. I never thought it'd be delay though? I'll try that out! Thanks.

Back