Drag and Drop Chords and Scales

J

jasondasilva

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you a quick update, i've just opened up a new facebook page and it's looking like a ghost town so i've decided to make a sweapstake competition to win my product; producerloops.com/Download-Studio-Silva-Drag-Drop-Chords-Scales.html

It's currently 3rd in the MIDI charts and is selling well but if you don't have the money to buy it all you have to do is enter your email address then on the 1st February the computer will pick a random winner and I will email him/her the product for free.

facebook.com/pages/Jason-Da-Silva/112624358904654

Doesn't cost anything so good luck!

Jason.

taken directly from the website

'Drag & Drop Chord & Scales' from Studio Silva is a revolutionary new way to create your tracks. Studio Silva have created all the chords you will ever need and as a bonus they have added all the scales and modes! Every key is covered and every scale for the key is covered.

All MIDI loops are organised in a clean way so you can easily browse for the chords you want. This is an easy to use Drag and Drop MIDI loop system which you can use to create your own chord progressions or melodies and stay in tune!

Each key has eight different chords for example the key of A has: A AUG, ADim, A maj7, A, A7, Aminor, Aminor7 and Aminor7b5 chords.

Each key also has a major and minor folder. These folders contain the corresponding major and minor chords for the scale, for example the major folder in the Key of A has: A, Bm, C, D, Dbm, E, G and Gbm chords.

Each key includes all of the following scales and modes: Aeolian, Chromatic, Dorian, Harmonic, Locrian, Lydian, Major, Melodic Major Asc, Melodic Minor Desc, Mixolydian, Pentatonic Blues, Pentatonic Major, Pentatonic Minor, Pentatonic Neutral, Phrygian, and Whole Tone

A massive total of 480 MIDI loops are included! All you have to do is go into the folders and start dragging and dropping the chords and scales to get great results and to move your music to the next level.

I always worry when folks can't be bothered to name chords properly D[sup]b[/sup]m and G[sup]b[/sup]m in the key of A are actually known as C[sup]#[/sup]m and F[sup]#[/sup]m, oh, and A major does not have a G chord in it, rather it has G[sup]#[/sup]m[sup]b5[/sup] (also know as the G[sup]#[/sup] diminished triad)

and the Melodic Major scale Asc; never ever heard of it (probably a typo for Melodic minor asc.

Pentatonic blues: there is no such beast because it is a 6 note scale therefore it is a hexatonic scale (six-tone scale)

there is also a lot of hype and very little true content; there is no way that the chords included are all the chords available (last time I calculated I got something like 17k+ possible chords)

Last edited:
taken directly from the website

I always worry when folks can't be bothered to name chords properly D[SUP]b[/SUP]m and G[SUP]b[/SUP]m in the key of A are actually known as C[SUP]#[/SUP]m and F[SUP]#[/SUP]m, oh, and A major does not have a G chord in it, rather it has G[SUP]#[/SUP]m[SUP]b5[/SUP] (also know as the G[SUP]#[/SUP] diminished triad)

and the Melodic Major scale Asc; never ever heard of it (probably a typo for Melodic minor asc.

Pentatonic blues: there is no such beast because it is a 6 note scale therefore it is a hexatonic scale (six-tone scale)

there is also a lot of hype and very little true content; there is no way that the chords included are all the chords available (last time I calculated I got something like 17k+ possible chords)

In regards to the Amajor scale point, it is correct in the product but for some reason not on the main writing. I will be changing that writing ASAP.

Secondly about the point with the pentatonic blue scale i understand where your coming from but I do believe it can be a 7 note scale if you count the root an octave above which seems to be on a lot of learning website such as; pianoscales.org/blues.html
.freeguitarsource.com/Blues_Pentatonic/E_Pentatonic_Blues_Scale.html

Lastly i do stat that "Each key has eight different chords for example the key of A has: A AUG, ADim, A maj7, A, A7, Aminor, Aminor7 and Aminor7b5 chords." and im not claiming to have inverted chords which you are likely counting.

I do appreciate your feedback and would happy to fix any problems you may have with the product, just drop me an email.

Thanks,

Jason.

No, the blues scale is a six note scale (you never count the octave when deciding on naming a scale, as the octave is a repeat of the tonic and therefore already counted in the size of the scale).

I too can go out and find a number of websites that will support my claims, however, I refer you instead to most of the published literature for guitarists and to the Harvard, Oxford and Groves dictionaries of Music for a complete treatment of the scale and it's permutations.

I will concede that one permutation is a hepta-tonic (seven-tone) version, based on 1-[sup]b[/sup]3-4-[sup]b[/sup]5-5-[sup]b[/sup]7-7; e.g. A-C-D-D[sup]#[/sup]/E[sup]b[/sup]-E-G-G[sup]#[/sup](-A)

However, you claim it is a penta-tonic scale meaning five-tone scale - it is clearly not... as the blues scale is 1-[sup]b[/sup]3-4-[sup]b[/sup]5-5-[sup]b[/sup]7; e.g. A-C-D-D[sup]#[/sup]/E[sup]b[/sup]-E-G(-A)

Your advertising claim re chords is "all the chords you will ever need" No 9ths? no 11ths? no 13ths? no 6/9s? no altered 7th chords i.e. 7[sup]#5[/sup], 7[sup]b5[/sup] and all of the higher extensions. Hardly an accurate or believable claim......

Last edited:
I checked out the site and it looks cool. Nothing I need, but it might be helpful for someone who does need it.

I learned my theory from "learn and master guitar by Gibson( the famous guitar maker) and varies books and im sure alot of other people have learn it by this name but im afraid to say you may be correct I shall change the name from penta to hepta-tonic.

you learn something new everyday!

Back