Does the use of Marijuana increase your production skills ??

i used to smoke about 2 times a day.. everyday (when i first started making music). it wasn't until i finally quit that i realized the full potential of my workflow and creativity. but, that's just me. some can't make music without it. it really just depends on the individual

Its an individuality thing. Only you know your own process and how you want to feel during that process. When you experiment on being high, drunk, or sober you'll figure yourself out enough to work your way through your process a certain way.

Yes, but only if the strain that I'm smoking is a sativa. Production is very very doable on it, as you're focused and motivated to come up with something new.

Indica strains, on the other hand, just fade me out. I just lose focus and coherence and end up just listening to music or watching a movie (something which requires way less attention).

One thing I love about marijuana, though, is that it allows me to analyze whatever music I'm listening to and take cues. I can honestly just see the notes and drum patterns in my head whenever I'm high.

So, basically, if you want to produce, go with a sativa strain as indica just wears you out and makes you lose focus.

Basically it just helps me step outside of myself and get a fresh perspective. Its funny, I might spend hours on a mix...smoke a little somthin somthin, listen to it again and things just pop out (so obviously) that I need to change...and I think to myself- How did I not see this before..hehe.

I drink more than I smoke and I find that equally helpful in its own way...especially when it comes to composing...sometimes im just too tight and strict with myself and it helps loosen me up and just flow with the moment. :)

Basically it just helps me step outside of myself and get a fresh perspective. Its funny, I might spend hours on a mix...smoke a little somthin somthin, listen to it again and things just pop out (so obviously) that I need to change...and I think to myself- How did I not see this before..hehe.

This, this.

What I like doing during my productions is start the beat sober and, half-way through, smoke a big-ass J and go back to the beat. The production ends up sounding completely different and new ideas pop-up.

Back