Does hard work really pay off or is talent the only winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all hardwork.
Music is like a language, some people pick it up quicker than others, some somehow speak it at a young age (3) some are late bloomers, but can still work as hard to learn the language just as good as the people who been speaking in longer.

I consider myself as someone who learned the language quick at youth. I was enthuastic about music in my early childhood. However, then I realized I been practicing my craft my entire life, so maybe I was never talented and just kept working. Im 20 currently.

By 6 I was playing snare, then picked up piano at 7, and began playing piano since while scoring hit songs on radio for the High school band, versatile in playing every percussion instrument (snare, bass drums, quads, tonal percussion and keyboards). Picked up recording and production around 13, learned Pro Tools, basic production etc. And still keep at it. Still go to lessons to learn music theory and piano, and still produce and record. People say I am talented all the time, but I simply tell them I just been practicing. its not a mythic ritualistic thing lol

I mean there's only 12 notes, and a handful of chord progressions our ears like. Do you really think you can't learn something as simple as music? lol

You have to work at it and be innovative. Research research hours of research about mixing, video tutorials on making beats, synths, etc... Practice practice practice, try working on a project, can't get anywhere? try writing a beat.

In my personal experience, talent helps, but it can really only get you so far, somewhere out there, theres an equally talented person who works his ass off, that guy will get more reward in the end than the guy just coasting on talent alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back