Does this happen to anyone else?

Alex Got Beats

Blessed & Cursed
Have any of you ever started making a beat knowing how you want it to sound like what type of emotions you want it to give and you start off good but in the end it turns out completely different?
Like the other day i knew and i wanted to make this deep, sorrowful beat but it turned out sounding more like dark, vicious but still dope so i'm not complaining but sometimes its just ughh why can't i pull off the right mood on my beats.

Anyone else have that? Maybe some suggestions?

I think you're thinking too hard. By just naturally making a darker track I think it makes your music more personal and a better expression of yourself.

I get that a lot. Can't really decide when creativity hits you and any plan you may have had in the first place just goes out the window.

I think you're thinking too hard. By just naturally making a darker track I think it makes your music more personal and a better expression of yourself.
I can understand that it makes sense. I've always used beatmaking my way of expression. Still sometimes i just start thinking most of my beats have the same mood and i'd like some variety.

It's a matter of experience and workflow I think, as well as time.

How well do you know your producer-you?
How much do you repeat the ideas in your head and just analyze everything out of them so you know what they're actually built of?
Do you write down your ideas to easily understand what they're consisting of and what needs to be done?

Do you know your tools well, or do you struggle with all kinds of technical issues that could distract you and lose the vision of your track?
With all the tools and techniques in the back of your head, it's easier to focus on getting your idea from your head out in the real world.

How good of a musical ear do you have?
Do you struggle by simply finding the right chords? Making it take longer for you to get your ideas and emotions out, making time make them more and more vague and more affected by all new melodic impressions you get while you play with the notes.

That being said, there's never a 100 % guarantee the end result will be like the idea you had in the first place, but the important part is that you have fun doing it and that the end results are good.
However, if your beat ends up sounding completely different from your ideas, is that really the end? How about going back and trying to find what caused the song to sound different rather than just give up?

yeah, maybe it works with 10 years experience xD
if the sound is good i just continue my work on that what i like

Back