disco sample q"s

J

jimmyneot12on

hello evryone....i wanted to know what ere some good deisco samples that can be used or if someone can point me in the right direction cause all the stuff i hear doesnt sound like something you can sample for disco filtered house music
can someone give me some pointers here?
its a weird question but i thought i would give it a try

thanks for your time
:hello:

people wont tell you were they got their samples from sorry man. Thats the point of digging. Sometimes the crappiest records have the best samples.

Peace

ya i kinda figured that out ......
well i just dont know what to sample thats what i would really like to know thanks:victory:

sample everything lol. Look in places that you normally would never think of. Trust me you can find some great stuff.

Peace

Sorry for the newby question but I checked out DEEP HOUSE PAGE, which is quite amazing, but the recordings are of pretty poor quality.

Can you really take these sounds and 'rework' them so they find back their original clarity ?

MM22

MM22 said:
Sorry for the newby question but I checked out DEEP HOUSE PAGE, which is quite amazing, but the recordings are of pretty poor quality.

Can you really take these sounds and 'rework' them so they find back their original clarity ?

MM22

i don't think so. i didn't really find anything on that site worth sampling, but that is one serious archive of house music history. . .

you can always make a recording sound better than it is, but you'll never get it's original quality.

The best thing to do is go down to the Goodwill store or Salvation Army Thrift store and pick up a couple of albums (more or less at random), listen to them and try to spot interesting sounds. Records usually run $1 a piece. I am always on the lookout for naked sounds. That's my term for a sax or horn solo that jumps out of a song. Or a drum solo. Sometimes a couple of sounds play at once, so you can't separate out a single sound. But sometimes those sounds mixed together sound good once you've snipped them into a wav a couple of seconds long. So, you may not get four or five bars of drums, but you can get individual sounds that you can drop into your compositions. The worst thing about this method is finding a place to put hundreds of really awful records that only have a couple of sounds on them you can use. I guess you could always give the records back to Goodwill once you've recorded what you want. I figure in not too many years software will be sophisticated enough to split layered sounds out of songs. Then all that vinyl will find a new life.

MM22 said:

MM22

you guys just don't know. the sound on the page is already gritty. I never knew people wanted clear samples. and didn't I say I sample from this site?

I guess what I was trying to say is that if you use gritty samples and the rest of your sounds are of superior quality, won't it sound weird ?

Unless it's intended of course.

MM22

MM22 said:
I guess what I was trying to say is that if you use gritty samples and the rest of your sounds are of superior quality, won't it sound weird ?

Unless it's intended of course.

MM22

no!!!!!!!!!!!
have you ever made a beat?

Yeah I did actually - quite a few. I just never sampled anything out of an already made recording.

I guess I'll try it out!

MM22 said:
Yeah I did actually - quite a few. I just never sampled anything out of an already made recording.

I guess I'll try it out!

actually, i just started to put together my first ever disco-house tune. . . i guess i was listening to some dj sneak and got an itch.

anyway, its turning out to be a lot of fun to make, and a lot easier than i thought it would be (not that i thought it would be particularly hard. . .) - but i think its coming along nicely.

what kind of techniques are you guys using? of course, i don't expect you to give away your secret sauces here - just in general. . .

Back